Realgam Tower - N4A Chat Thread - November 2019

Tyranogre

All valid points. And yes the soundtrack was especially great for Colo. :) 

I’m still mad about the cuts in SwSh but ultimately I think I want to give it a try just to see if they can pull something off with it. I want to see for myself if I can actually tolerate the concept of “plugging old mons in where they feel it works” over “gotta catch em all”. I just want to see if any magic is left for me before throwing in the towel. Nonetheless I won’t preorder or day one purchase it, will probably lurk on Serebii for a bit and go from there. 

Edited by DranSeasona

i was vastly disappointed with X and Y but gen 7 really brought it back for me; i still don't really 'get' most people's complaints with SuMo y; 

i'm not willing to drop full price on a pokemon game just to 'see if they can pull something off' because of course they will, but that doesn't really translate to being worth 80 dollars to me...

i don't even think the nat'l dex being gone is the most of the game's issues, and i feel like that's really saying something considering the game isn't even OUT yet 

oh well tho! you win some, you lose some. i just hope that whatever they make next, i'll enjoy flower; 

17 hours ago, wildflower said:

i was vastly disappointed with X and Y but gen 7 really brought it back for me; i still don't really 'get' most people's complaints with SuMo y; 

i'm not willing to drop full price on a pokemon game just to 'see if they can pull something off' because of course they will, but that doesn't really translate to being worth 80 dollars to me...

i don't even think the nat'l dex being gone is the most of the game's issues, and i feel like that's really saying something considering the game isn't even OUT yet 

oh well tho! you win some, you lose some. i just hope that whatever they make next, i'll enjoy flower; 

I liked both gens, and herein really lies my point. So much of this is subjective, and if they do get it right for me and manage to scratch that itch, then it is worth the price for me.

As I said though I want to at least wait and do some more research first before diving in. Potential leaks aren’t enough for me to make that call, it’s why I like Serebii and other sites to help me fill in those gaps. But I do like some of the official things they revealed so far.

happy thursday, gamers

been messing around w steam's new local play option lately and its v cool in theory and not the worst in practice

i don't do a lot of local multiplayer since my friends all live far away so its nice to have an option to play other fun games w them now....i wish it worked a little better, but i guess its still new so whatever y; 

In terms of the overall multiplayer experience, Gen 6 was probably the best.

The PSS system on the bottom screen was literally perfect. You didn't have to backtrack to a Pokemon Center to play with a friend in the same room. You didn't have to fly to a certain city in order to play online. Just tap your friend's icon and you're good to go.

And then GameFreak flushed it all down the toilet and replaced it with the absolute clusterfuck that was Festival Plaza.

FUNDAMENTAL SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS!!!

unique to regions: formes, pokemon, difference in gyms/lack thereof, legendaries

should not ever be unique to regions or game generations: literally anything that makes the game easier to play and enjoy 

just slap a new coat of paint on the PSS and call it a day jesus christ gamefreak

my gamecube also still has the pokemon xd skin i slapped onto it in like 2005 lol
despite that i still never played it.

4 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

What’s the technical term for when your phone won’t charge unless the cord is held in a certain position?

i believe it's "not this goddamn bullshit again"

Edited by Pichi