Realgam Tower - N4A Chat Thread - November 2019

Tyranogre

A lot of people loved Collosseum and XD.

*Darker storyline that isn't just "collect badges, fight Elite Four"

*Competent villains that consistently feel threatening instead of like a joke

*Orre is a fully-developed region based on Arizona with its own history and landmarks

*Awesome soundtrack

*Memorable side-characters

*Every fight is a double-battle, requiring more complex strategies and team-building

*Exclusive moves for certain Pokemon that aren't otherwise available in the main games (Heal Bell Dragonite still catches people off-guard to this day)

All of this despite being developed by a tiny subsidiary at Genius Sonority and designated as "spinoffs" that GameFreak refuses to acknowledge, outside of referring to Pokemon transferred from Orre as "met in a distant land".

They actually need to bring back that style of Pokemon game. Dude with the fro was the best character in those.

I don't play Pokemon Go so this is the first time I'm hearing they brought back that shadow gimmick, that's pretty neat.

instead of just spin-off games, i really wish the MAINLINE series would start to shake things up a lot more 

i was already unconvinced to buy swsh before all the leaks, but now that i've seen them all, i'm DOUBLY convinced i made the right choice 

the whole series needs a big ass reboot imo 

Colosseum and XD are an interesting changes from the norm, but honestly the games are really boring. Never got further than two hours into either game because I got bored doing constant trainer battles and relying on whatever Eevee starters I had. I'm still really fond of Colosseum, though.

But yeah, I had no intention of buying Sword & Shield, and the leaks all but confirmed it. Atleast with previous games I felt I could compromise, but there's nothing offered here. X & Y was the last time Pokemon did anything for me. It was a huge step down from Black & White 2, but atleast the 3D Models were cool, and the online/multiplayer functionality was the best the series ever had.