Realgam Tower - N4A Chat Thread - November 2019

Tyranogre

• Chrom pinned this topic

r7XOn.png

Also

Since the other thread is closed:

So my wife and sister-in-law keep telling me I'm a big messy, depressy, ball of stressy every year when I put my cosplay for the annual con off for so long and they're basically trying to force me to start early this time. I've conceded to choosing and begin sketching ideas by the end of November.

Current front-runners are:

-Skyward Sword Link in Skyloft outfit with Sword and Shield and baby Loftwing. Will likely do lower-effort Skyloft Zelda for the wife.

-Captain America/LoZ mashup; Captain Hyrule. Basically a Captain America cosplay done in greens and brown swapping stars for Triforces, helmet styled to look like Link's hat, circular shield painted to look like a round Hylian Shield

I'm also open to (shock) non-Zelda ideas. I'd like it to include both intermediate-to-difficult sewing as well as some foam work. Props are great. Lighting/electronics should be basic to medium and are optional. Non-Zelda ideas I wouldn't mind something little kids love as a lot of cosplayers do charity work with the Children's Hospital, but nothing I've made so far is overly kid-friendly.

despite seeing that pokemon comic in every ylyl thread we (collectively) have ever had, it still makes me fuckin laugh

happy november folks! anyone have any big plans for the month? flower; 

november is annoyingly empty in canada...but it still feels like fall so i'll take it as it is

s t r e a m

I did a fundraiser thing where ppl could choose my next two speedgames, so i'm doing DKC3 (can't get away from it lol) and Link to the Past for the rest of the year.

Edited by Pichi
1 hour ago, Pichi said:

s t r e a m

I did a fundraiser thing where ppl could choose my next two speedgames, so i'm doing DKC3 (can't get away from it lol) and Link to the Past for the rest of the year.

oh that sounds fun! flower; i haven't played alttp in years, i should go back to it 

ever since i finished botw i've been in the mood for more zeldo

I've been wanting to get into let's playing/streaming for years now, but haven't been able to due a variety of factors:

*being employed full time

*capture equipment being stupidly expensive

*YouTube's constantly-changing algorithms and copyright rules

*being unable to stand the sound of my own voice

6 hours ago, Tyranogre said:

I've been wanting to get into let's playing/streaming for years now, but haven't been able to due a variety of factors:

*being employed full time

*capture equipment being stupidly expensive

*YouTube's constantly-changing algorithms and copyright rules

*being unable to stand the sound of my own voice

1. best way to get into it is to just do it in your free time. don't worry about not having a schedule cause of work or something. just invite friendos when you're live.
2. start with something that requires only cheap capture equipment (old games) or none at all (emulators or PC games).
it's better to wait until you're enjoying it for a while before spending much
3. stream on Twitch and you won't have to give a shit about YouTube's nonsense.
4. everybody does, and it's just due to the disconnect between the deeper-sounding perception of your own voice compared to others. it is possible to do things like project your voice more and practice using more dynamic range to sound better on mic, though. a better mic helps a lot, too. the blue yeti can be bought pretty cheap used nowadays, if you need a solid entry-level one.

Edited by Pichi
2 hours ago, blcdude1 said:

So it's November. Anyone participating in National Novel Writing Month? 

though im bursting with creativity again since im not working, its all being funneled into different ideas instead of writing 

i might try to do some short stories though, since i like writing those flower;