Super Smash Bros Game Night (Tuesdays, 9PM EST)

DLurkster

GGs

So my thing about this night, why two Smash nights? I haven't played on this night for a while mainly because of work. Getting home after an 8 hour day not being able to record let alone feel like editing since I'm usually tired after work. A nap just makes me want to sleep through the entire night which has happened.

I played last night because I had time since I'm off from work until further notice. It's just hard to get enough people for a new game night since this is likely a relic from the past. But yeah, my reasons were what I mentioned at the start of this post as to why I stopped coming to these. Just thought I'd share.

Krazy, may be on to something about this being a past relic.

As they weren't a lot of game nights just this and Mario Kart. The Saturday night Smash was created by PB, I don't want to speak how it came about besides my guess of available days of the week.

It makes sense and I agree to with Krazy to just do Saturday night Smash. With anyone schedules of the week, availability and work. Saturdays just makes sense. I can't say we were lucky that Thursdays were for MK nights but we got that and even going further back we had MK7 nights on Mondays and MK8 on Thursdays, two different games and ppl showed

I can accept what is obsolete here. So I'm fine with no Smash on Tuesdays.

46 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Krazy, may be on to something about this being a past relic.

As they weren't a lot of game nights just this and Mario Kart. The Saturday night Smash was created by PB, I don't want to speak how it came about besides my guess of available days of the week.

It makes sense and I agree to with Krazy to just do Saturday night Smash. With anyone schedules of the week, availability and work. Saturdays just makes sense. I can't say we were lucky that Thursdays were for MK nights but we got that and even going further back we had MK7 nights on Mondays and MK8 on Thursdays, two different games and ppl showed

I can accept what is obsolete here. So I'm fine with no Smash on Tuesdays.

The long story long is....

There was a thing called The Virtual Console Club that had "regular game nights" for whatever during the Wii /DS era.... that transitioned/morphed into Surge's(?) Monday and Thursday MK racing nights for MK7/MKDS/MKWii/MK8 and as demand dropped off for MK7 it went down just Thursday for console MK play.  I don't remember the original night of Smash play but TUMF started Smash Saturdays as a "Mario" themed Smash night but it morphed into any characters.... when he...exited(?) this site I rebooted the night/thread and made it whatever and it was Smash till you drop with the themes sometimes to spice up the play to keep it from getting stale.

I like the two nights of play during the week though...  Tuesdays is more "traditional" and Saturdays is more "themed/special" in most regards, plus it allows for longer gaming as its a weekend night.

If more "regulars" would hit up either night it would make the matches more fun.  But, as for myself, my Sunday-Thursday gaming is limited to 10:30 so I can wind down and get to sleep "on time" because of having to be up at 4:45am to get to work at 6am in any kind of decent shape.  We can move the night around but my timing now stays the same.

Like I said, I can try to get Ryu and LMS over to Smash on those nights but Ryu has to go to bed early according to him so the around 10/10:30 is his cap too or so he claims.

Also, in that regard, trying to get other online Switch games has failed miserably here....  Bomberman made it a month at best ....  Among Us hype died after a week and I don't think anyone got any matches off ....  No one wanted to do Club House Games....No one bought Crash Team Racing to get into the online play so.....  or the Sonic racing game....  Which is unlike the Wii era where Bomberman Blast, Cue Sports, Mario Kart, Smash, ExciteBike World Rally ect..... could be played.

@purple_beard: Ah I remember TUMF and his Dr. Mario, man it was deadly. I didn't connect with those nights made Smash Saturdays with themes.

As it stands, regardless of any interesting of Tuesday Smash nights and ppl availability. These sort of nights on this day is no longer thing until further notice.

So I wasn't thinking of like closing the thread meaning this is no more but I monitor here to see if it may come to that. Not that I am not hopeful it might makes sense to keep this open and see what happens then make a decision to call this particular night quits for real real.

• 5 months later...

I will be playing Kazuya around 9pm (when the update usually happens) but I will be purchasing mii costumes and making them, also playing classic mode with Kazuya.

So I will can do some online with him at 10pm the latest.

EDIT: Post above implies this is for tomorrow. Sakurai said Kazuya would release tomorrow.

Edited by DLurkster
1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

I will be playing Kazuya around 9pm (when the update usually happens) but I will be purchasing mii costumes and making them, also playing classic mode with Kazuya.

So I will can do some online with him at 10pm the latest.

He could roll tonight or tomorrow so...whenever is good to be for a few hours...

2 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

That is why I was like why are you coming off as he comes tonight....

I know he comes out tomorrow  *sigh*

True, I'll give you that but at the same time, in the post I didn't mention a day for 10pm, it could of been tomorrow too.

That's the ting about assumption can go either way when something is not clearly defined, you happen to assume tonight.

I realized that and put a edit that my post appeared to imply tonight but that was not my intention. Which sometimes, you don't look back at posts as well too.

Just now, DLurkster said:

True, I'll give you that but at the same time, in the post I didn't mention a day for 10pm, it could of been tomorrow too.

That's the ting about assumption can go either way when something is not clearly defined, you happen to assume tonight.

I realized that and put a edit that my post appeared to imply tonight but that was not my intention. Which sometimes, you don't look back at posts as well too.

Bruh, look at the time stamps... you edited after I quited you....

*sigh**sigh*

11 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Bruh, look at the time stamps... you edited after I quited you....

*sigh**sigh*

That's what I said, I realize but obviously after your post. I wouldn't say edited before or we wouldn't be discussing this now.

Another assumption that you thought I had to say when I post when it clear it was after your post sans timestamp.

EDIT: Also, even tho I haven't post here in a while. Why would I post in thread that is for Tuesday things tonight, which again I didn't mention the day with the time. Meaning even without the day. Any plans would be assumed for Tuesday and no other day.

Edited by DLurkster

I'll post in here since it's Smash related. The Smash Saturday video will be up by tomorrow. I was at work for an additional hour yesterday so I wasn't feeling it to edit the video. Will try a bit after work today. I'll also see if I'm up for playing tonight.

2 hours ago, TKrazyO said:

I'll post in here since it's Smash related. The Smash Saturday video will be up by tomorrow. I was at work for an additional hour yesterday so I wasn't feeling it to edit the video. Will try a bit after work today. I'll also see if I'm up for playing tonight.

screenshot-2021-06-15-at-17-04-17.png

Is that a cliff hanger?