Super Smash Bros Game Night (Tuesdays, 9PM EST)

DLurkster

*Ahem

On 9/27/2020 at 2:05 PM, DLurkster said:

I don't want to mention PB and Krazy again but I mentioned my stance and you guys reacted to in kind about incessant camping and disconnecting is automatic kick out of the arena and blocked by me. If they only do one of those offences then it is just a kick out. There may be exception to the one offence rule if they are aggressive with it, within those there's a 3 strike rule for either offence with degrees going up 3. So let's say someone is camping a lot but it is disruptive to 2 players 2 matches in rows, that is 2 strikes with 2nd degree assault. Obviously if they do not change these acts the next round they be just kicked out or both be kicked out and blocked, only if they get more aggressive and get to the 3rd degree. It is possible to have 2 strikes of 3rd degree assault, by that point after that match not even waiting for the 3rd match, they will be kicked out and blocked as well.

Does that system works and makes sense?

Going over this for tomorrow night

The whole 3 strikes and incessant camping and disconnect is pretty simple to follow.

The whole degree thing with these strikes is where it might get a little murky only because how one might perceive aggression with incessant camping and.... actually disconnecting is a one off so that is easy to determine and is annoying anyways. So this degree of aggression is definitely play by ear, trial and error. I think it is important too but degrees with the strikes not only to expedite the expulsions but not everybody will offend the same way so to stroke ppl who offend differently in severity, isn't fair. It just makes sense to add a degrees so we can not only kick a player out at strike 2 and 3rd degree but block them as well. As their there's no need to block someone unless they really become a nuisance as kicking them usual suffice but if not that is why the degrees are there and blocking them in the end.

I hope this makes more sense in what I was explaining earlier, once we think we have a system with the degree calls this might be easier to manage the riff raff.

Let's have fun tomorrow night guys!

Now that I think about this whole strike and degree thing feel more akin FIFA yellow card (strike) red card (degree). So the example of 2 strikes and 2nd degrees is equivalent to 2 yellow card that means suspension because one strike or one yellow card is just a warning for that kind of behaviour, while that high while that high of cards or degree mans suspension/kick out and blocked.

One strike/one yellow card= is a warning on behaviour

two strikes or more/ more than one yellow card= is a kick out and possible blocked arena entry/suspension

Again, I hope that makes sense in that context.

Sorry about that ending guys....  my laptop all of a sudden decided I had no internet for some reason....  obviously I had it as I was Smashing......  we did have a nasty rain storm come through during the matches but I doubt that was the culprit.

I felt my Hero and Joker got better as I played them longer.  I think I need to get back to them more...

Incneroar did ok for me.

Mewtwo...ehh

Pokemon Trainer, not sure what was up with my Ivysaur play as I thought Squirtle and Charizard were putting in work.

Pichu.... yeah....

I didn't dislike my Greninja play but I seem to have lost my touch with him after the prior game entry.

It's been announced that Steve goes live October 13th, which is ten days from now, next, next Tuesday and a day after our Canadian Thanksgiving up here. That works for me and obviously for us as well.

So far I do not see any maintenance updates on Nintendo website but in the coming week we may see when it come and like usual it will be in 8-9pm bells it will happen and end on that day.

9 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

@DLurkster

Just do whatever till update hits?

I guess but seeing I just seen this now and the update is still not out. I'll make the arena at 9pm still and every 30 minutes I'll close the arena and check to see if the update is up.

Because you can't be in the game you want update for.

So you guys in a few for the arena.

3 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I guess but seeing I just seen this now and the update is still not out. I'll make the arena at 9pm still and every 30 minutes I'll close the arena and check to see if the update is up.

Because you can't be in the game you want update for.

So you guys in a few for the arena.

ok, sounds about right.