Super Smash Bros Game Night (Tuesdays, 9PM EST)

DLurkster

1 minute ago, purple_beard said:

If they do a double drop that would be sweet....  at the same time.....  but at least one has to be ready to go by now considering the time window.

I've been thinking about that too, the reason I think it possible to double drop is time between when we heard Joker would release in April back in February to make announcement like that means they have been working on him and another character. By the time Joker release they were finishing the 2nd and starting the 3rd. April to June that a bit of time working on the DLC. Remember they were working on Joker from December then announce to come out in April. At most it took like 3 months for him to make.

So the drop of the two is feasible if not, I'm okay with that. It's just the release down the road means there will be some that release really near each other, might as well release 2 at time at some point. Just my thought in all of this.

1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

k, I feel slight regret getting CTR. It's not like me to play a game a few hours and I almost want to sell.

Am I getting old where I just punk out where certain games are too hard for me to grap.

I can't say I recall how hard or not the originals I played were but I do recall getting pissed at some of the challenges like crystals and CRT ones were damn near perfect jump boosting was needed to land on platform you just can't drive to to get stuff.  That said, nearly every YouTube or written review of the game has said easy is super easy, medium is hard but rewarding, and expert is a mf*.

I think the boost drift mechanic is a lot to keep tabs on while racing....like to complex while keeping up with track changes, goods needed, and defense against other racers.

In this rendition I do think the graphics, music, tracks, racers, and unlocks are cool but I think they need to explain coins for unlocks better so you don't waste $.

Edited by purple_beard
1 minute ago, purple_beard said:

I can't say I recall how hard or not the originals I played were but I do recall getting pissed at some of the challenges like crystals and cry ones were damn near perfect jump boosting was needed to land on platform you just can't drive to to get stuff.  That said, nearly every YouTube or written review of the game has said easy is super easy, medium is hard but rewarding, and expert is a mf*.

I think the boost drift mechanic is a lot to keep tabs on while racing....like to complex while keeping up with track changes, good needed, and defense against other racers.

In this rendition I do think the graphics, music, tracks, racers, and unlocks are cool but I think they need to explain coins for unlocks better so you don't waste $.

It's different for me,  my first PlayStation was last with the PS3. I had friends that played on the PlayStations, ironically I never played the Crash racing games (Play some of crash games so I have no history so that may have something to do in how I feel about this game, perhaps. I got because of that and I like kart racers.

So it feels like I have more of uphill battle to overcome, without having a history of this game. Like I'm on the fence of selling and the point where I'm almost at the point where I can say I can play this game competently.

If I hit a wall with the latter point, i'll sell but I'm not there yet.