General Pokemon Sword/Shield info-going-forward thread

Yeah, I knew from day one when I posted those codes, they don't work or is not perfect. The last 2 day I went to the YT BLAINES Discord to get the rest. I am not after the shinies but getting the all 47 of the legendaries. I finally finished that last night, out of all the those 47 only Blacephalon was shiny and I got a shiny Lyncaroc. So I have Dusk form from Ultra Moon and a shiny. I like the shiny midday blue but I always had soft spot of Dusk form since the anime, wasn't hard to get in Ultra Moon.

About the codes, at least where I got it from. The host raid mods on that Discord are a little self-absorbed. They are so obsessed with getting shinies for themselves, I don't blame them but when the creator of the Discord says to use the codes so ppl can get those Pokemon and you are not for your own gain, like WTF. There was guy I think for 2 weeks have been hunting shiny Zyguarde, yesterday he says that tomorrow today he will start hunting for 12hr days. Selfish, maybe if they get this out of their system they will start to use the codes ppl can get Pokemon they want. I can't say I was lucky to get the rest of the legendaries with their helped just glad I'm not stuck in cycle. Maybe it is for better I wasn't.

Will do endless Dynamax Adventures and the star tournament. Might shiny hunt on my Shield file, have nothing better to do since I caught them all in one version already.

@Art_de_Cat: Not saying I will help you right away but I plan on doing the DLC 2 in Shield and get other Pokemon I couldn't in the expansion Glastrice and Regieleci(sp). I'll trade then but it won't be for a few days from now.

Not that it really mattered but that list of codes for the Dynamax Adventure I posted here. The Discord server I posted from, the owner BLAINES was banned because of so-called cheating in Pokemon. The guy sent email to Discord that no cheating or hacking has been going. He says something about sys bot has something to do with it and for the past year he has had haters trying to destroy what he created as community on his Discord.

So he hopes to get his Discord server back instead of making a new one. Says he has community of 80,000 strong.

24 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Not that it really mattered but that list of codes for the Dynamax Adventure I posted here. The Discord server I posted from, the owner BLAINES was banned because of so-called cheating in Pokemon. The guy sent email to Discord that no cheating or hacking has been going. He says something about sys bot has something to do with it and for the past year he has had haters trying to destroy what he created as community on his Discord.

So he hopes to get his Discord server back instead of making a new one. Says he has community of 80,000 strong.

I saw that, i find it funny how he legitimizes what he's doing.  Im not hating* on him......but I think he is over stepping what he is trying to do.

Multiple Zarude events coming up for the next month. For us in the US and Canada the relevant one is signing up for the newsletter by Nov 20 to then get it in December:

Zarude US and Canada

I am glad they seem to be replacing the original plan of giving Zarude only to those in Japan who see the movie with this new plan of a palette swap Zarude (“dada” as it’s called) for them and regular for everyone else. I mean it’s fairer that way; they get an incentive, but it isn’t totally unfair to everyone else.

• 2 months later...
12 hours ago, Art_de_Cat said:

Do I REALLY have to create a seperate My Nintendo account for the second file to move those pokemon over to Home? So I can move them to main file?  And if its a second my nintendo account, how is home going to show...whats already there?

No. You log in using your Nintendo Online registered user, then you can manually change to a different user (i.e. file) after it launches before you select which game you are going to access Home with.

It’s not entirely intuitive but after all this time they have yet to patch that option out, which makes me think it was intentional.

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump an old-ish thread, but is there someone who'd be willing to help me move an item from my old account to my new account?

I basically restarted Shield for a number of reasons over a week ago, but the Relic Sword that was part of the Shiny Zacian event is still on my old save file (the Zacian itself is on new save file, courtesy of HOME).

1 hour ago, Stephen 776 said:

Sorry to bump an old-ish thread, but is there someone who'd be willing to help me move an item from my old account to my new account?

I basically restarted Shield for a number of reasons over a week ago, but the Relic Sword that was part of the Shiny Zacian event is still on my old save file (the Zacian itself is on new save file, courtesy of HOME).

I'm willing but I don't understand what exactly you need? I get how the item is not there but you need the item for Zacian?

Question is, when you trade Pokemon with a item on does it go thru to another player, especially a key item like that. Memory is a little fuzzy you can trade Pokemon with items?

32 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I'm willing but I don't understand what exactly you need? I get how the item is not there but you need the item for Zacian?

Question is, when you trade Pokemon with a item on does it go thru to another player, especially a key item like that. Memory is a little fuzzy you can trade Pokemon with items?

Someone helped me already, so problem is solved.

And yeah, you can equip the rusted sword to any pokemon and trade it as it's formally a held, but not key, item. As long as you trade within Sword/Shield, you can trade Pokemon with held items.

Edited by Stephen 776
2 minutes ago, Stephen 776 said:

Someone helped me already, so problem is solved.

And yeah, you can equip the rusted sword to any pokemon and trade it as it's formally a held, but not key, item. As long as you trade within Sword/Shield, you can trade Pokemon with held items.

Ah, good you got that resolved. I don't know why I thought rusted sword was a key item. I must of been thinking like a item that changes Pokemon forme like Shaymin or Giratina. I forgot the rusted sword was a regular item for Zacian and rusted shield was for Zamazanta.

And yes that makes sense as long as you trade within S&S, items can be traded with Pokemon.