General Pokemon Sword/Shield info-going-forward thread

1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

Almost wrapped up the Crown Tundra content. Just have to do the Dynamx Adventure and the Galarian Star Tournament, then I'll be done.

Here's something I thought wouldn't happen to me so know the 3 Galarian Legendary trio Pokemon you have to catch as a part of Peony Adventour thing? So I'm finishing these legendary hunts with them and when I finally found one of them, Zapdos and I try to throw a Ultra Ball, the game tells me Box is full. I'm like come again?!? I run from the battle and check my boxes and they are indeed full, all 960 Pokemon full of 32 boxes with 30 Pokemon each inside them. Man I didn't know that all my bank transfers from Isle of armor and crown tundra cause my box to be filled faster than I expected.

I think what contributed to the fullness was my multiple catch of the same Pokemon from max raid battle and catch the same pokemon over and over again on Isle of armor. I didn't do that much repeat catch on crown tundra. According to the last box and last slot, the Pokemon that took that spot was Nidoqueen. Never raised Nidoran female to that stage so I never caught one before now. So I caught that in the Giant's Bed in the Crown Tundra. So I went through all my boxes, releasing duplicate Pokemon depend on lower levels and duplicate abilities. I don't know how much I released but to me it still seems like I have a lot of Pokemon in my boxes so I still have to mindful what I catch. I eventually caught the Galarian Zapdos and Moltres. The hardest Pokemon to get in the crown tundra was definitely Articuno. The rest you can see and work around to catch but Articuno, you gotta ride all over the crown tundra and just see it randomly in place. Let's say your in the Giant's Bed, there's a lot connecting area from there, the graveyard, the 2 snowy place another giant place and the place where one of the regis are even if you ride thru all those place, there's no way knowing when it will appear so you gotta ride every nook and cranny multiple time till you might see it. Luckily when i eventually saw it, I was able to keep track of its afterimage trick to find the real one. If you don't gotta chase it down down again and hope you can figure out its trick.

Sorry for the long post but my boxes full and that Galarian Articuno was a trip. Just had say how unusual that was.

Just be mindful of Pokemon Boxes, I should of really seen this coming. If anyone had massive collection like did, watch out but even so still lookout when it looks like you are getting close to being full.

Same. I'm working on getting rid of junk in Pokemon Home and in Bank.

13 hours ago, Art_de_Cat said:

Does Articuno not appear in blizzard conditions, I hear the screams, but dont see it to follow.

I don't think it does. I don't recall mine showing in blizzard. Also in vids after how I seen ppl got it. If you were in a region that had a blizzard, once you come out of it you might seen Articuno appear. Might is the operative word.

For me and as I said I was able to figure out its afterimage trick but I found it at the boarder of Giant's Bed and the graveyard place. There was no fog or blizzard at the time, I think it was cloudy for me. Also not sure if you can find it in fog either but I have to assume cannot like with blizzard visibility. Tho I would have to say fog visibility is worse than fog but what does that Pokemon knows. 

The Regis is probably the easiest Pokemon in this game to shiny hunt, no soft reset required. Just one shot them everytime till you get a shiny. If you have Pokemon that are not Lv.100, it is a great way to level up, while looking for a shiny.

The reason it is so easy is when you beat them the statue you fight goes dormant and you just have to light up the pattern for them to fight them till you get a shiny. It is faster that way than soft resetting, I heard. Obviously you get it faster if you have a shiny charm, of course.

Last night i finally got around after weeks/months finally got around to beating the epilogue of the main game... not really sure if one could call it a post-game, though...

All that's left is to finish the last 11 entries in the Pokedex....

Which im most likely going to have to trade for through Home since i don't have an Online subscription currently so can't exactly do it in game because i have had no luck with any of them so far

That's aside from the DLC expansion pass that i'll get around to buying....at some point

edit: right after posting i noticed one area was the right weather conditions and was able to catch Drakloak and knock off the Dreepy line, so... that knocks it down to 8 left

Edited by Shadow118

Huh? Two Pokemon ran away in the adventure den; Landorous and Articuno. From my understanding Pokemon in the dens run away for 2 reasons; you've been KO'd 4 times or when catching the said Pokemon and fails, just flees.

So tell me how neither happened to me and they straight up flee upon defeat?!? I learned the hard way that even if you tell the lady to remember that Pokemon to catch it again, she tells me when I go back to that den, I won't be able to catch as if I caught it before but I haven't. So what is happening there?!?

I guess it is not really a big loss, I have tons of Articunos and Landorouss over the years to'. Just sucks I can't catch them back or been given a opportunity catch them at first chance instead of just straight up fleeing.

Edited by DLurkster
22 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Huh? Two Pokemon ran away in the adventure den; Landorous and Articuno. From my understanding Pokemon in the dens run away for 2 reasons; you've been KO'd 4 times or when catching the said Pokemon and fails, just flees.

So tell me how neither happened to me and they straight up flee upon defeat?!? I learned the hard way that even if you tell the lady to remember that Pokemon to catch it again, she tells me when I go back to that den, I won't be able to catch as if I caught it before but I haven't. So what is happening there?!?

I guess it is not really a big loss, I have tons of Articunos and Landorouss over the years to'. Just sucks I can't catch them back or been given a opportunity catch them at first chance instead of just straight up fleeing.

Wow. That's messed up. I wonder if it's bugged since you said you haven't caught said Pokemon before. 

5 minutes ago, DranSeasona said:

I thought I saw Serebii say it was a guaranteed capture for legendaries. :o Wow... here I was using low catch rate balls up until now. 

That is true, it is a 100% catch rate so you can use any low catch rate balls but the problem is that I was not given the option to catch. Right after defeat, it just simply flees.

It's one thing if I tried to catch and it escapes but it just straight up flees. I honestly thought when it first happened to Landorous I accidentally pressed B and it fled that way. I recall in the moment I was not paying attention to the screen for just sec but when it happened again for Articuno I was in full attention and did not hit any buttons and it just fled.

38 minutes ago, DranSeasona said:

The only other question I would have then is are you doing endless raids? Apparently you can’t catch legends or keep anything during that.

No. Once I did a few regular Dynamax Adventures, (I don't know how many one has to do to have that surgeon guy say you can endless raids) I went to the surgeon guy and that's where I saw where you can't keep any of the Pokemon you catch. You can catch them but not keep them.

To me I don't see the point of anyone doing that if they have not caught all the legendaries you can. You should only go to endless raids to test your mettle or once you caught all the legendaries.

I have always talked to the women in the white lab coat every single time for the raids in there. But you bringing up this endless raids and not catching Pokemon, got me thinking. What if the modes are buggy that there are times were certain rules one is accidentally swapped for another? Sounds crazy but what else would explain 2 instances where I was unable to catch legendary Pokemon in a regular Dynamax Adventure.

My bad, y'all. When I ran into Dialga last night, I was getting a strange sense of deja vu, at the end of the battle. I was not given the option to catch Dialga. That's when it was confirmed and dawned on me. I caught Dialga before that was the deja vu I was experiencing. I went to investigate my dawning moment, I had caught Articuno and Landorous before in the den. I have no idea how I forgot but the Dialga moment made realize and want to see what I was missing was just misunderstanding on my part.

I guess in someways, I was keeping track of what Pokemon I caught but on the other hand all these battle sort of blurred together and along the way didn't realized I caught the Pokemon in the den before.

Mystery solved. Sorry for the alarm of cause here.

So I'm going through how many legendaries to catch in Sword, I have 6 left as of this post.

Looking up exclusives on IGN Crown Tundra wiki, you can only catch Kyorge in Shield but a few days ago I caught one in the Dynamax Adventure in Sword. I confirmed this looking over duplicate legends in boxes and see the Lv.70 Kyorge caught in Max Raid den on 10/25/20. On surface level when have my box search for a certain Pokemon, it makes it easy to see what I caught with duplicates and all but when looking at their met summary tells me all I need know where the Pokemon came from.

So is it possible that if someone from Shield host Dynamax Adventure you can catch legendaries that way? How else do you explain I have caught Kyorge from den where it would be impossible to catch in my version, unless you trade of course.