General Pokemon Sword/Shield info-going-forward thread

I actually beat about 6 Zeraora myself, 4 and 5 star variants. Ran into one shiny but it beat me and my one other human helper to a pulp. Lol

I started a new save last night to get the second Urshifu. Funny how easy it is to exploit raids in order to get over leveled. The only thing really stopping me from completing Urshifu’s quest is the lack of a bike (water specifically). So will have to play to at least just after Gym 6 I guess.

5 minutes ago, DranSeasona said:

I actually beat about 6 Zeraora myself, 4 and 5 star variants. Ran into one shiny but it beat me and my one other human helper to a pulp. Lol

I started a new save last night to get the second Urshifu. Funny how easy it is to exploit raids in order to get over leveled. The only thing really stopping me from completing Urshifu’s quest is the lack of a bike (water specifically). So will have to play to at least just after Gym 6 I guess.

Funny enough when I started playing Shield again for Isle of Armor, I tried pressing A to start surfing. Then I remembered surfing is tied to the bike.

1 hour ago, DranSeasona said:

That is what makes the expansion convenient and not convenient at the same time. It's convenient that you don't have to finish the main game to complete like 80% (up to evolving Kubfu) and the inconvenient part is to G-Max Urshifu you need bike and at least 6 badges, if you played the DLC from the start.

On 6/17/2020 at 7:47 PM, DLurkster said:

Thought to bump this thread for those who got the DLC and how to get 2 Urshifus.

It's pretty simple, just load new file under another profile on your Nintendo Switch.

Once you get your armor pass by the time you get to wild area, hop of over to the Isle of armor, play duration of evolving Kubfu. It doesn't mention it in this vid but you should save your progress on that profile. As you can do so because it is not on your main profile. Go into Pokemon Home and transfer your Urshifu from other profile game to Home. Change the profile back in Home toy your main one and put the Urshifu in the main file.

This works with Nintendo Switch Online and with the basic function for Pokemon Home as well. Also this kind transfer works because you can have as many Kubfus but you can only evolve one style per file, as shown in the video. Of course in your main file you should have you own Urshifu on there.

Awesome! Gonna have to try that out.

Dammit. Anyone else running into error 800 when trying to access Home via their smartphone? I'm thinking it's due to the server being busy. Tried clearing the cache with no luck.

Edited by Doc Brown
1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Awesome! Gonna have to try that out.

Dammit. Anyone else running into error 800 when trying to access Home via their smartphone? I'm thinking it's due to the server being busy. Tried clearing the cache with no luck.

Welcome back! You have to beat the post-game completely to be able to Gigantamax Urshifu unfortunately but yeah, the trick works. :) 

I am getting the same error. Obviously everyone trying to get Zeraora at the same time is crashing the servers. Lol

3 minutes ago, DranSeasona said:

Welcome back! You have to beat the post-game completely to be able to Gigantamax Urshifu unfortunately but yeah, the trick works. :) 

I am getting the same error. Obviously everyone trying to get Zeraora at the same time is crashing the servers. Lol

Ah. So play through the whole game, get it, store it and set up a new profile after moving Pokemon to Home and start the game up again.

Ah. Good to know I'm not alone lol. 

30 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I'm getting this message when I try to go back into Pokemon HOME now.

6jnzkDDm.jpg

I'm searching net where this happening and when it will end but I don't see any at quick glance.

Ran into that one too, and before that... a Japanese version of that same message,  I think.

Just now, Doc Brown said:

Ran into that one too, and before that... a Japanese version of that same message,  I think.

Yeah, at first it was Japanese but after going in again and anytime after that it remained in English.

No big for the wait for me tbh. Just wanted to give a heads up on the error to anyone. I just don't hope to forget to check back into Pokemon HOME by next Monday, tho.

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, Art_de_Cat said:

Pretty much, im suprised you go south on the map.

I knee from leaks months ago when Isle of Armor came out that the Tundra is south.

When Isle of Armor came out, GF left all the fly points on the map to the tundra. You can only see them thru hacks and you couldn't obviously fly to it.

Seeing it all filled out no is interesting now and seems much bigger than Isle of armor but at the same time small when all I could see was the fly points.

12 hours ago, DLurkster said:

I knee from leaks months ago when Isle of Armor came out that the Tundra is south.

When Isle of Armor came out, GF left all the fly points on the map to the tundra. You can only see them thru hacks and you couldn't obviously fly to it.

Seeing it all filled out no is interesting now and seems much bigger than Isle of armor but at the same time small when all I could see was the fly points.

Agreed, much smaller than I hoped. But I am having fun so far. :)

You can shiny hunt the legends in dynamax adventures.  Dont keep the legend if isnt shiny to try again.  According to adrive a youtuber, you have to capture a pokemon to see if shiny...... 

Calyrex is a more interesting pokemon than I originally thought he would be.  I wouldnt mind trading to get dex entry for a certain pokemon.  Got most of the warp points last night.

Almost wrapped up the Crown Tundra content. Just have to do the Dynamx Adventure and the Galarian Star Tournament, then I'll be done.

Here's something I thought wouldn't happen to me so know the 3 Galarian Legendary trio Pokemon you have to catch as a part of Peony Adventour thing? So I'm finishing these legendary hunts with them and when I finally found one of them, Zapdos and I try to throw a Ultra Ball, the game tells me Box is full. I'm like come again?!? I run from the battle and check my boxes and they are indeed full, all 960 Pokemon full of 32 boxes with 30 Pokemon each inside them. Man I didn't know that all my bank transfers from Isle of armor and crown tundra cause my box to be filled faster than I expected.

I think what contributed to the fullness was my multiple catch of the same Pokemon from max raid battle and catch the same pokemon over and over again on Isle of armor. I didn't do that much repeat catch on crown tundra. According to the last box and last slot, the Pokemon that took that spot was Nidoqueen. Never raised Nidoran female to that stage so I never caught one before now. So I caught that in the Giant's Bed in the Crown Tundra. So I went through all my boxes, releasing duplicate Pokemon depend on lower levels and duplicate abilities. I don't know how much I released but to me it still seems like I have a lot of Pokemon in my boxes so I still have to mindful what I catch. I eventually caught the Galarian Zapdos and Moltres. The hardest Pokemon to get in the crown tundra was definitely Articuno. The rest you can see and work around to catch but Articuno, you gotta ride all over the crown tundra and just see it randomly in place. Let's say your in the Giant's Bed, there's a lot connecting area from there, the graveyard, the 2 snowy place another giant place and the place where one of the regis are even if you ride thru all those place, there's no way knowing when it will appear so you gotta ride every nook and cranny multiple time till you might see it. Luckily when i eventually saw it, I was able to keep track of its afterimage trick to find the real one. If you don't gotta chase it down down again and hope you can figure out its trick.

Sorry for the long post but my boxes full and that Galarian Articuno was a trip. Just had say how unusual that was.

Just be mindful of Pokemon Boxes, I should of really seen this coming. If anyone had massive collection like did, watch out but even so still lookout when it looks like you are getting close to being full.

7 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Almost wrapped up the Crown Tundra content. Just have to do the Dynamx Adventure and the Galarian Star Tournament, then I'll be done.

Here's something I thought wouldn't happen to me so know the 3 Galarian Legendary trio Pokemon you have to catch as a part of Peony Adventour thing? So I'm finishing these legendary hunts with them and when I finally found one of them, Zapdos and I try to throw a Ultra Ball, the game tells me Box is full. I'm like come again?!? I run from the battle and check my boxes and they are indeed full, all 960 Pokemon full of 32 boxes with 30 Pokemon each inside them. Man I didn't know that all my bank transfers from Isle of armor and crown tundra cause my box to be filled faster than I expected.

I think what contributed to the fullness was my multiple catch of the same Pokemon from max raid battle and catch the same pokemon over and over again on Isle of armor. I didn't do that much repeat catch on crown tundra. According to the last box and last slot, the Pokemon that took that spot was Nidoqueen. Never raised Nidoran female to that stage so I never caught one before now. So I caught that in the Giant's Bed in the Crown Tundra. So I went through all my boxes, releasing duplicate Pokemon depend on lower levels and duplicate abilities. I don't know how much I released but to me it still seems like I have a lot of Pokemon in my boxes so I still have to mindful what I catch. I eventually caught the Galarian Zapdos and Moltres. The hardest Pokemon to get in the crown tundra was definitely Articuno. The rest you can see and work around to catch but Articuno, you gotta ride all over the crown tundra and just see it randomly in place. Let's say your in the Giant's Bed, there's a lot connecting area from there, the graveyard, the 2 snowy place another giant place and the place where one of the regis are even if you ride thru all those place, there's no way knowing when it will appear so you gotta ride every nook and cranny multiple time till you might see it. Luckily when i eventually saw it, I was able to keep track of its afterimage trick to find the real one. If you don't gotta chase it down down again and hope you can figure out its trick.

Sorry for the long post but my boxes full and that Galarian Articuno was a trip. Just had say how unusual that was.

Just be mindful of Pokemon Boxes, I should of really seen this coming. If anyone had massive collection like did, watch out but even so still lookout when it looks like you are getting close to being full.

Just move whole boxes to home, I caught most of new* ones and evolved them lickity split.  I have 9 left to complete dex, but want to shiny hunt three of the regis. Birds will be next, already scattered them.  

Im hoping Peony gets better, cause right now he just seems to be a waste of a character.

28 minutes ago, Art_de_Cat said:

Just move whole boxes to home, I caught most of new* ones and evolved them lickity split.  I have 9 left to complete dex, but want to shiny hunt three of the regis. Birds will be next, already scattered them.  

Im hoping Peony gets better, cause right now he just seems to be a waste of a character.

As I was writing that post, I could of put them those duplicate in HOME but I'm sure I didn't need the ones I release so no regret there.

If there I every run into a situation where I do not want to release, I'll definitely will put them in HOME temporarily.

As for Peony, I don't look at him as waste more so a comedic relief to this game. I don't know how many time I have hit the record and capture button of this guys actions. They are just hilarious to me.