General Pokemon Sword/Shield info-going-forward thread

I need Seedot, Swirlix, Farfetch'd, Gothita, Rufflet, Passimian, Turtonator, Darumaka, Stonjourner, Jangmo-o, data for Zacian, and the Tart Apple item for Flapple

If I could also get help with trade evolutions, I have Shelmet, Karrablast, Spritzee, and (eventually) Swirlix I'll need to evolve.

Edited by Surge135
42 minutes ago, Surge135 said:

I need Seedot, Swirlix, Farfetch'd, Gothita, Rufflet, Passimian, Turtonator, Darumaka, Stonjourner, Jangmo-o, data for Zacian, and the Tart Apple item for Flapple

If I could also get help with trade evolutions, I have Shelmet, Karrablast, Spritzee, and (eventually) Swirlix I'll need to evolve.

I’d be willing to help with that. If you have Zamazenta for data that would really help me. Will send a PM.

On 12/4/2019 at 10:17 AM, Surge135 said:

Ive got most of those ready.

3 hours ago, Art_de_Cat said:

Ive got most of those ready.

Lol Me too. :P  Nice there’s a few people able to help with this, eh?

I have been spending a lot of my game time flooding version exclusives into The Surprise Trade system, too, as I have been looking for Pokémon I needed. Hopefully this approach catches on in general... would make things easier on a lot of people. 

7 minutes ago, Art_de_Cat said:

Ive been flooding surprise trades too, and surprised what I get back.

Yeah, I figured you would.

Lots of people putting common Pokémon in... nice to see some are putting in rare/version exclusives, though. :) I mean, I get some people just starting out and all, I just feel like there’s a disproportionate amount of commons in there...

YO so I have gone right mad from grinding raids in a fruitless search for Impostor Ditto. I've been so desperately scrambling a team together for the Galar Beginnings tournament, which I think has already started, so I need to haul ass.

WHO'S GOT A SPARE IMPOSTOR DITTO?????

I have lots of good Pokemon I can offer in trades, including flawless G-Max Snorlax (without Gluttony). Or lots of dex filler. I've had such rotten luck with Hidden Abilities, and every Ditto raid I find on Y-Comm has been unjoinable.

16 hours ago, Destiny Hero said:

YO so I have gone right mad from grinding raids in a fruitless search for Impostor Ditto. I've been so desperately scrambling a team together for the Galar Beginnings tournament, which I think has already started, so I need to haul ass.

WHO'S GOT A SPARE IMPOSTOR DITTO?????

I have lots of good Pokemon I can offer in trades, including flawless G-Max Snorlax (without Gluttony). Or lots of dex filler. I've had such rotten luck with Hidden Abilities, and every Ditto raid I find on Y-Comm has been unjoinable.

What’s Imposter Ditto? Do you mean shiny?

15 minutes ago, DranSeasona said:

What’s Imposter Ditto? Do you mean shiny?

No, that's Ditto's Hidden Ability which transforms it and copies the opponent's stat changes. I believe the only way to get it is from a rare Max Raid tucked away in some rocks just north of the daycare, but even then the ability's not guaranteed.

Just give it 252 HP EVs and a Choice Scarf and it'll revenge kill most threats.

Last night's scramble to build a team resulted in forgetting to set two natures, and having to put a bluff as my 6th slot. Not only can I not change my team for the tournament, but I also can't touch those Pokemon at all until it's over. :(

I went 28-17 in the Galar Beginnings tournament! Skipped today's workout but my abs are sore anyway from the CLENCHING. A 62% win rate with mistakes on my team and a decade away from the competitive scene... I'm beat. Back then I couldn't read opponents for my life, but somehow I've apparently developed clairvoyancy.

Really felt like I was facing the same team over and over again. The metagame right now is basically just 20 Pokemon. Not because only 20 are good--it's mostly just bandwagon mania.

15 hours ago, XLW said:

That’s what happens when you don’t let in hundreds of Pokémon. ... I have the game, but it’s still the thorn for me. 

Dexit was the best thing to ever happen to competitive Pokemon. You really want to go back to a metagame where almost no Pokemon are viable except legendaries, UBs, and megas? The power creep was absolutely out of control.

Like I said, the lack of diversity isn't because those are the only good Pokemon now. People just bandwagon onto what they think are the best, and copy+paste sets because they don't feel confident enough to do anything more. And then some of those Pokemon become overused just because others are using them. You wouldn't believe how many battles I won using nothing but Dubwool.

There are still some problematic Pokemon like Dragapult, and the dex is terribly unbalanced--way too many ghosts, dragons, and mono-fightings. Why the hell do we need Sawk and Throh when we have Tyrogue? Who would ever want Manectric when we have Boltund? But it's still the best thing to happen to the competitive scene.

Edited by Destiny Hero
3 hours ago, Surge135 said:

I would have been fine with everything they did to "fix the meta" if they didn't get rid of Hidden Power and make Electric types pretty much useless because of their lack of coverage against Ground types.

Hidden Power is one of those things that might as well only exist on simulators. With it gone, you'll no longer be at a disadvantage for not subjecting yourself to a numbingly endless breeding ordeal. That's how I felt whenever I saw a Seismic Toss Blissey on a simulator--yeah, as if anyone's actually going to breed a flawless Chansey in Gen 3.

Rotom and Toxtricity are doing fine. Galvantula can do big damage to opponents who don't bring faster sweepers.