General Pokemon Sword/Shield info-going-forward thread

On 11/23/2019 at 3:10 AM, Surge135 said:

Ok, there is one issue I have with the game thus far. Of the 400 Pokemon in the PokéDex, you can pretty much catch over 300 of them before you even beat the Champion including a majority of the final evolutions of evolution lines. I'm finding myself catching them for convenience sake instead of putting in the work needed in previous games to catch previous forms and evolve them "the hard way". And it's this convenience of being able to find these final evolutions previously unavailable in the wild, sometimes even before finding previous forms in the wild, that is making this whole experience of filling in the PokéDex feel too easy, lazy, and severely off-putting.

If anything, it's almost like using an Action Replay/GameShark/Game Genie to catch anything you please just so you don't have to put in an hour or so of training and/or evolution item acquisition.

Until you go to evolve Linoone and spend an hour winning fights with it because that's what it needs to evolve.

Honestly, I don't forget to turn Y-Comm on before starting a raid and I am lucky to get one other player. I feel because of my star rating why I don't get ppl.

It seems where you are in the game badge wise determines the star rating. I only have 4 badges in both Sw/Sh, I think at most that can net me 3 stars. In rare exceptions I get ppl if it is Pokemon they haven't caught through normal means or isn't possible through normal means.

I am at 367 Pokédex now, completing the ones I can get without trading. I tried trading normally but it’s just so hard to do blind. I wish they didn’t get rid of the global link. :( 

On a side note, I find the fossil Pokémon hilarious. Like, they’re deliberately poking fun at palaeontology and how easy it actually is to get that stuff wrong. 

Edited by DranSeasona
On 11/26/2019 at 7:29 PM, Art_de_Cat said:

To invite trainers to the raid.....

You have to turn on the internet in the game first............

Because choosing a internet* option wouldnt make the game think you want to actually use the internet on its own.....

In other news I got my first shiny!

If it was a Wooloo, tell JWitzz how to do it. He's been trying to get one DAY 1. 

40 minutes ago, XLW said:

I bought Sword at full price- 

And I lost it within an hour of purchasing it.  

... I think even Arceus forbade from trying it out. What the actual.   

I’ll wait until the game goes on sale on the eShop. 374$3$3:7:$3$ getting physical now.

How did that happened?