General Pokemon Sword/Shield info-going-forward thread

Ok I’m kinda not liking how the game shows your friend’s names to what they named their in game characters and not their NNIDs, because I don’t know who’s who on my friends list. So I don’t know if they’re someone I’ve added from here or from friends I’ve met in person.

Also whoever on my friends list that helped join in on the Dynamax Butterfree raid, thank you. I hope you guys got rewarded good from it. I don’t know how it rewards participants who aren’t the ones who throw the poke ball to catch it. 

47 minutes ago, The Albraskan said:

Ok I’m kinda not liking how the game shows your friend’s names to what they named their in game characters and not their NNIDs, because I don’t know who’s who on my friends list. So I don’t know if they’re someone I’ve added from here or from friends I’ve met in person.

Also whoever on my friends list that helped join in on the Dynamax Butterfree raid, thank you. I hope you guys got rewarded good from it. I don’t know how it rewards participants who aren’t the ones who throw the poke ball to catch it. 

Sorry, AL that was me. I was the Victor. I wanted to name my player the name they were given this time around.

I did the same in my Shield, I named myself Gloria there. I hope anyone who see those name who I am friends with, those are my names.

And I was able to catch the Butterfree. I felt like I wasn't much help, I was scared I was facing 5 star Dynamax Pokemon. I felt I was help by accident by my max lightning from Yamper.

So I played handheld twice and my first experience was without the hi-tech ear buds, I'm playing handheld now and I turned the all the sounds to max and why isn't that everything from the backgrounds sounds, cries and music sound muffled. When it is docked it fine but freaking loud.

Has anyone experienced this?

5 hours ago, Kezay said:

Got the final form of Roly Coly....holy geez it looks cool!

Otherwise, I'm really enjoying the game so far. You definitely get the sense that it's not as grand as it could be when you are able to view areas and far off vistas that you can never actually get to, but for what's there it feels like a bigger adventure just with the addition of the wild area.  I've had a few Xenoblade style moments where I rolled up on Pokemon level 45+ and had to get myself out of there.  But I'm liking things so far at just over 15 hours in and I just now made it to the town with the fourth gym challenge.

4th Gym?!? I have two versions and I'm just making it to the 2nd badge. Well, I think the first 3 badges must be straight path, not necessary easy. I guess I'm about the find out.

42 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

@The Albraskan: Oh that is why your raid levels are so high. In the last one one with Ludicolo, that one was really hard. Couldn't hit, keep failing and not missing my hits.

Then ultimately blown out of the den.

I’m guessing that’s why, but I’m not real sure. But right now I’m only seeing that one raid battle, after joining some’s raid battle and the Butterfree one earlier. Also pretty much every Pokémon I’m finding in the Wild Area after beating the game is around the level my team was when I beat the game.

Also that Ludicolo raid battle is pretty annoying. Tried it again with just one random person joining me and we got kicked out of the den for 4 faints. If the game could ever find a full group of people then maybe I would consider doing the harder dens.

15 minutes ago, The Albraskan said:

I’m guessing that’s why, but I’m not real sure. But right now I’m only seeing that one raid battle, after joining some’s raid battle and the Butterfree one earlier. Also pretty much every Pokémon I’m finding in the Wild Area after beating the game is around the level my team was when I beat the game.

Also that Ludicolo raid battle is pretty annoying. Tried it again with just one random person joining me and we got kicked out of the den for 4 faints. If the game could ever find a full group of people then maybe I would consider doing the harder dens.

Yeah, I never been successful in find actual players when I initiate Max Raid Battles but when I join and on time not one where it's been sitting for a while and wasn't accessible because I was in battle, (that is the only time the Y-Comm is not visible, obviously) I can get in and at least 3 out of 4 are actual players.

I'll try again to see if I can launch Max Raid Battle but for now me joining one isn't much of issue as long as it is not out of my league per se. I'd almost lucky we won that Butterfree raid.

Didn't read any of the posts as I'm still cruising through spoiler-free.

All 8 gyms are done. The gym leader music during Dynamax is a phenomenal song. I don't really get the hate for this game, I love it (then again, to avoid spoilers I haven't really read people's complaints...).

A close family member gave me a copy yesterday. I am enjoying it so far but I definitely think the graphics are not where they should be. But that’s not a game crusher for me; it never was, so no point starting with that particular issue now or it would be kind of hypocritical of me. Nonetheless I do so hope they try a little harder to not embarrass themselves next time.

I like some of the small changes from past gens so far, and the Wild Area has been quite fun. Actually got a Scorbunny via Surprise Trade, which was neat (I chose Sobble, or rather, my son did for me).

That opening section before starting the

Spoiler

Gym Challenge

was nice, not unnecessarily hand-holdy like with SM, at least so far.

All in all I have mixed feelings but am not unhappy I am playing it.

Edited by DranSeasona
Just now, Art_de_Cat said:

Hop finally did it? Jk congrats

Fucking Hop... One of my least favourite rivals yet. Though I despised Bede even more.

If I had to rank my problems with the game:

1. Bede
2. Hop

3. Uhhh... Cut dex I guess? (honestly not even bothering me anymore)

Made it to town with 7th gym, and kinda suprised there hasnt been more story by now.  Even Sun/Moon had more going on by now.  Im ready to do some gigamaxing but the game hasnt even mentioned that except for gym leaders.  

So far Opal being a cougar has been the only interesting plot point.

On a seperate note I do have some trade evos I need to do if anyone could help me out.

4 minutes ago, Art_de_Cat said:

Made it to town with 7th gym, and kinda suprised there hasnt been more story by now.  Even Sun/Moon had more going on by now.  Im ready to do some gigamaxing but the game hasnt even mentioned that except for gym leaders.  

So far Opal being a cougar has been the only interesting plot point.

On a seperate note I do have some trade evos I need to do if anyone could help me out.

Dyna/Giga Raids the easiest way to do the end-game grind (if you think you need it). Just go around and take out any and all Raids you can and use the Exp candies to jack your team up.