General Pokemon Sword/Shield info-going-forward thread

8 hours ago, Ridley Prime said:

Is too bad I’m not convinced the game will have the trailer’s level of quality.

And the fact they had the gall to show all past generations... “Look at all these Pokemon, a lot of which won’t be in the latest game!”

You know when bring up the same issue over and over again, it starts to get stale.

Yeah, it is known that not all Pokemon are not going to be in the game and this reminder won't make anyone forget.

Nice trailer, but who knows how much good faith this will give the game.

Give it a rest.

2 hours ago, DLurkster said:

You know when bring up the same issue over and over again, it starts to get stale.

Yeah, it is known that not all Pokemon are not going to be in the game and this reminder won't make anyone forget.

Nice trailer, but who knows how much good faith this will give the game.

Give it a rest.

There's plenty other things I could still call out too but haven't, as I only tend to comment on what's posted here now. That's me "giving it a rest".

That trailer showed my initial expectation of the Wild Area in that it would have plenty of wild Pokemon roaming all around the player. The reality is an area that is very empty aside from a small set area around the player. The gameplay experience should not be that different from the hundreds of hours I put into Let's Go; however, the presentation with the Wild Area is much worse than the more enclosed Kanto routes simply because the latter filled its space. I personally think the Wild Area will be very tedious to shiny hunt in depending on where spawn resets are versus the nearby options Let's Go had for a number of routes. Seeing Sword and Shield in shiny hunting streams will determine how interested I am in purchasing either game. 

I don't think this question here is off-topic but where is the pre-load of this game already?!?

About a week ago, a Japanese download card for Pokemon Sw/Sh says the game is like 10GB. From as long as I can remember I said was getting both version (never done that before) with the game voucher but I can't use the voucher until the game in question is ready to preload.

At most games are ready to pre-load like a a month before a game release date, that would of been last week, I guess there's still time but I wonder if they have not put out the option to pre-load because of dataming.

With all the issues with this game, GF does not want give anyone any ammunition to see what this game is really a have; the good and the bad. Since dataminers don't really discriminate.

On 10/25/2019 at 11:08 AM, DLurkster said:

I don't think this question here is off-topic but where is the pre-load of this game already?!?

About a week ago, a Japanese download card for Pokemon Sw/Sh says the game is like 10GB. From as long as I can remember I said was getting both version (never done that before) with the game voucher but I can't use the voucher until the game in question is ready to preload.

At most games are ready to pre-load like a a month before a game release date, that would of been last week, I guess there's still time but I wonder if they have not put out the option to pre-load because of dataming.

With all the issues with this game, GF does not want give anyone any ammunition to see what this game is really a have; the good and the bad. Since dataminers don't really discriminate.

At this point I think most have already made up their mind on getting the game.  I'm willing the bet the portion that have said they won't support the game ahead of release will likely be there as well.

"At this point I think most have already made up their mind on getting the game.  I'm willing the bet the portion that have said they won't support the game ahead of release will likely be there as well."

Oh, I'm willing to bet they're there from the beginning.. they're there to observe the people who'd buy the game from day one. Wanna know why? Well, there has to be "beta testers" after all. These mere observers would treat these day one testers as some form of "review" whether or not they made the right choice. By the looks of it, they probably did.

Preloading both version now. Thank you voucher pass.

The DL size is 9.5GB, BTW.

EDIT: I was too hasty and I did look to see they have the double pack, duh! With the double pack I get dynamax crystal, I guess I'll see if I am really missing out on anything with that or there's still a way to get them if you bought the game separately. At least I have 24 quickballs.

Edited by DLurkster

2 weeks till games release.

But in blackout media news alert!

It's only been 2 days since the pre-load went live and we already have leaks of first evolution starters of Grookey and Sobble. The vid above does not have links or shows the Pokemon just picture of Pokemon on Pokemon Camp.

In surprising news still with Pokemon...

This man is getting around with Nintendo and GF, Good for Toby.

I wonder where his song will be in Pokemon Sw/Sh?

Here's a preview listen of Toby Fox music track in PKMN Sw/Sh

Spoiler

It's good but if this is to be some sort of battle theme it sounds pretty tame but the last 10 seconds gets really good.

I wonder if this his Hop's theme? But this doesn't sound like a theme for your childhood friend rival.

I was at Youmacon and people were talking about the leaked starters on the Detroit People Mover and when I asked what they were talking about they just nonchalantly show me the YouTube video thumbnail with Sobble's final evolution. Like, didnt bother asking if i wanted to see it or not, its not like I had been pretty much leak-free up until that point.

Ironically,if a Pokemon had king or queen in their name they had a great chance of being cut. I actually really like the new Pokemon and Galarian designs I've seen from the leaks, but the game itself is just too much of a mixed bag mechanically for me to invest without seeing live streams and my brother play first. If I think Sw/Sh are solid for shiny hunting, I'll likely get one of them. 

https://nintendosoup.com/nintendo-has-caught-the-culprit-behind-the-pokemon-sword-and-shield-leaks/

Apparently Nintendo caught the leaker of Pkmn sw/sh. How they did it was pretty elementary too. They tracked the leaker profile pic on Discord, then traced the source to the leaker YT paged which was linked with his FB page with his real name on it.

Pretty elementary things he did to get caught, wow.

This is not confirmed if leaker was caught but what is suspected that the leaked occurred because this reviewer copy and clearly didn't read the fine print of the NDA. If caught and how this happened sounds nonsensical but how leaker got caught sounds dumb enough to be true, tho.