The Inverted Castle - N4A Chat Thread - October 2019

Tyranogre

Windows did something stupid and now I can no longer see the thumbnails for my images.

Not only that, but it also stopped showing the previews when I try to upload anything to Imgur.

How do I fix this? I've already tried unchecking the little box that says "always show icons, never thumbnails", it didn't work.

EDIT: NVM, fixed it.

Penis.

Edited by Tyranogre
5 hours ago, Shadow118 said:

I’ve been thinking, but i think it would be easier to start with anime that’s 100% complete, and leave ongoing ones for last or later on...?

I...

Think there’s some logic to that?

are you trying to work through your backlog? starting with completed series definitely seems the smart way to go, if so flower; 

i've been watching a ton ton TON of anime since i moved here since i can't work...but now i'm burned out, so i've taken up manga again instead lol

its nice to cut down on the backlog, but now i find myself adding even more things to it than before x_x

On 10/5/2019 at 6:28 PM, Shadow118 said:

I’ve been thinking, but i think it would be easier to start with anime that’s 100% complete, and leave ongoing ones for last or later on...?

I...

Think there’s some logic to that?

i always do this because i hate waiting week by week. it's much nicer honestly

21 hours ago, wildflower said:

i've taken up manga again instead

manga is even better flower;

53 minutes ago, Pichi said:

i always do this because i hate waiting week by week. it's much nicer honestly

manga is even better flower;

i still hate hate hate reading on my phone and will always prefer physical copies, but reading online definitely helps me find more and read more

On 10/5/2019 at 10:29 PM, wildflower said:

are you trying to work through your backlog? starting with completed series definitely seems the smart way to go, if so flower; 

i've been watching a ton ton TON of anime since i moved here since i can't work...but now i'm burned out, so i've taken up manga again instead lol

its nice to cut down on the backlog, but now i find myself adding even more things to it than before x_x

I’d like to, but really haven’t watched much in quite awhile and really haven’t watched/knocked much off since

Still not really sure where exactly to start with having over 4,000 entries and counting... 

doesn’t help that im indecisive and somewhat procrastinating on it

And then there’s some longer and complicated series that I really have no idea to start with watching.....

4 hours ago, Shadow118 said:

I’d like to, but really haven’t watched much in quite awhile and really haven’t watched/knocked much off since

Still not really sure where exactly to start with having over 4,000 entries and counting... 

And then there’s some longer and complicated series that I really have no idea to start with watching.....

delete the ones you don't actually care about and randomize the rest

6 hours ago, Shadow118 said:

ehhh, that many? i think that's why you're feeling overwhelmed lol

but within those, there's probably something you'll look at and say 'oh, i want to watch that right now!' and then...just watch it right then

i feel like if i can at least start reading/watching whatever is in my queue, its easier to keep it up, especially if its something i'm really drawn to right then

good luck flower; 

29 minutes ago, Tyranogre said:

Maria is specifically designed to be babby mode for people who find Richter to be too hard. In the original version of Rondo on some Japan-exclusive toaster, she even gets her own ending that's way sillier and more slapsticky than Richter's.

Not necessarily baby mode. She’s a glass canon, and some bosses are downright hard for her.

Okay, so I completed the Normal Castle in SOTN, but I have a few qualms with the level design in terms of secrets.  

One: How was I supposed to know that hitting four gears a certain amount of time would open up a gate in the clock tower location? I think I only needed to do this once in Rondo of Blood. Two: the game doesn't mark it as a hole, so there's this one secret I never knew about in the caverns that leads me another part of the location. Although, maybe I'm an idiot to not see the destroyable cracks on the floor. Three: in the same location, there's the path to the catacombs blocked by a wooden gate, but I need a skeleton to throw a barrel on fire to destroy it. The game always relied on how Alucard works and moves, so to make a pathway blocked by an unconventional method is just counterintuitive to how things usually worked out for me. If Alucard was able to destroy it by a flammable weapon, and not rely on a random enemy, I'd be okay with that. 

But... *walks in the door... or whatever* HONEY, I'M HOOOOOOOOME! I'm 'here' now.