Pro Sports Thread: MLB Playoffs/ NHL/ NBA/ NFL

purple_beard

15 hours ago, Fuzzer1 said:

Canada has found a way to "conquer" much of the United States without actually fighting. Having your only NBA team in the Finals and having all but four US states supporting them.

Here's some documented proof:

920x920.jpg

To be fair, they did have the Vancouver Grizzlies as an expansion team but they moved ... what...10 years ago to Memphis.

But the Raptors did consistently have the better talent and performances of the two when they were both in Canada at the same time.

Almost got stampeded on at the NBA Championship parade in Toronto earlier today.

You probably hear in the news that there was shooting after a 2 hour delay of parade reaching its destination. Obviously me typing this means I'm okay but man those shooters ruined the day just a bit.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, true story....

I had won tickets to the Senators @ Canes game last night via a Carolina Hurricanes Cool Bars Tour raffle win at my local hosting Carolina Ale House.  My brother ended up being the only person to go with me to that even and in the end, it worked out we both could go up to the game last night.  He's not a sports guy and this would have been his first ever NHL game in person.  The seats were lower level in one of the corners.  I was hoping the Canes would win as they had been in a real bad slump and I wanted him to at least see a win and the Storm Surge.  Its ends up being a 8-2 dominating win by the Canes.  Lucky him,  my first Canes game was a playoff game in 2002 versus the Toronto Maple Leafs and it was a loss.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Juanblue85 said:

Him and Tom Brady are probably the last Pro Sports guys who traded winning championships over getting endorsement deals and branding.  I could definitely appreciate his cold bloodedness towards winning though--kind of Michael Jordan in that way for hoops.

Fun fact/sad fact, he was drafted a Charlotte Hornet but got traded to the Lakers--what could have been in Charlotte lol...shy;

• 2 weeks later...