Pro Sports Thread: MLB Playoffs/ NHL/ NBA/ NFL

purple_beard

1 hour ago, Fuzzer1 said:

But who would they want to face off against if that's true? We still don't know who the Wild face off at the Winter Classic next January.

I wouldn't care!  I'm 80m away from the stadium.  I'd make damn sure I was off that day to attend.  It would be up there as far as pro sports experiences for me.  I mean, my top one right now is the NFC Championship game when the Panthers blasted the Cardinals.  2nd would be the NHL All Star Game Fan Fair when the Hurricanes hosted it ( I couldn't score a ticket to the actual game and I wasn't a Season Ticket Holder to get a in on getting one).  I mean, other than my first NHL game being a playoff game  between the Maple Leafs and the Hurricanes so that would probably be #3.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Watched the first two episodes of The Last Dance tonight on ESPN.

First thoughts were is this a slam job on Krause?  At the time as I recall, the nickname the team had given them was "The Two Jerrys."

Then, MJ's rookie year in Chicago and he saw players doing what in the rooms?  Like it wasn't a big thing?...and the team was struggling.... how did that kind of behavior get tolerated?

Very interesting to me about how they brought up Krause and Reinsdorf(sp?) dealing with Phil Jackson, MJ, and Scottie's contract situations with the team.  Seemed kind of odd that Scottie signed that low.  Seems kind of odd to want to bounce Phil.  That said, as I recall, the thought was Bulls management didn't want them to end like the Celtics before them and have years of nothing and struggling after the key players moved on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
7 hours ago, purple_beard said:

I think it's like the NBA bubble, no fans.

Should've allowed fans to come. Everyone's in a 14 day bubble to begin with so why not have the teams bring supporters?

Then again, that probably wouldn't have been a smart move anyway given the current situation these days.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...