Pro Sports Thread: MLB Playoffs/ NHL/ NBA/ NFL

purple_beard

2 hours ago, Fuzzer1 said:

OK why is there a 3 day gap on average between NBA Finals games?

i get it if there's needing to get between Oakland and Cleveland but between Games 1 and 2? REALLY?!

two words: TV MONEY

3-3 late in the 3rd with the Preds and Pens.

1 minute ago, Fuzzer1 said:

Go crazy Nashville. Your team has witnessed a historic event with the Penguins winning the Stanley Cup.

F* that, if the Oilers had won in Carolina that year I'd be damned If I'd cheer for 'em.

I get a 2nd straight Cup  for the Pens is historic.... but ....

8 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

F* that, if the Oilers had won in Carolina that year I'd be damned If I'd cheer for 'em.

I get a 2nd straight Cup  for the Pens is historic.... but ....

And of course Crosby and Bettman got booed.

Classless fans. Show some respect to the team that just beat you AND can celebrate on your ice.

1 minute ago, Fuzzer1 said:

And of course Crosby and Bettman got booed.

Classless fans. Show some respect to the team that just beat you AND can celebrate on your ice.

They probably feel like the series was rigged.... that no goal in game 1 by the Preds....  the no goal by the Preds tonight....   It was looking shadier than you average NBA game LOL!  The NHL willed this to happen educate;anhero;

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.starsandstripesfc.com/mls-usmnt/2017/3/31/14518652/mls-expansion-bids-2017

MLS looking at potential expansion candidates.

I'm kind of interested in how this plays out seeing as Raleigh and Charlotte have put in bids for a team.  I think Raleigh might be the better option as Charlotte has the Panthers and the Hornets and this would allow Raleigh to align with the Hurricanes and ____ of the MLS.

The Detroit MLS bid has two big issues:

1. Will the current abandoned Wayne County Jail site be transferred to Glbert and Gores or be redeveloped as a jail site as it was intended?

2. Detroit City FC doesn't agree with the bid idea here for some reason. Sad.

43 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

CFL counts as pro football so I am watching Montreal Alouettes and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers right now....

Watched some of the Ottawa Redblacks-Toronto Argonauts game on Monday where Toronto honored their 1997 Grey Cup winning team and the wife of one of the players did a terrible rendition of O Canada before the game began.

I wonder if that rendition has surfaced on YouTube yet?

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2017/PRE0

Hall of Fame Game this Thursday between the Cowboys and the Cardinals

HoF Inductees:

http://www.profootballhof.com/pro-football-hall-of-fames-class-of-2017/

Morten Anderson

Terrell Davis

Kenny Easley

Jerry Jones

Jason Taylor

Ladainian  Tomlinson

Kurt Warner

I loved me some Kurt Warner and The Greatest Show on Turf!  I'm still bummed he got screwed out of a ring because Vinateri and then again when the Cards collapsed on defense and the Steelers get that one.

Mort was a great kicker for sure.

Hard to argue JJ's affect on the game of football from the office side of things.

I remember Tomlinson when he was at TCU and taking that Mobile Bowl from ECU.  Too bad the Chargers could never get over the hump to get him into some good playoff runs.