Pro Sports Thread: MLB Playoffs/ NHL/ NBA/ NFL

purple_beard

On 5/28/2018 at 11:43 PM, Eliwoodman12 said:

Refer to my last post. There is no need to watch when you already know the outcome. Honestly it's just a two team league. That's the main problem. If KD didn't go to Golden State, it would be at least more interesting. 

But after the Rockets missed 27 threes in a row, it really makes you wonder if it was set up. Who misses 27 threes. If it's rigged, the NBA can get away with it. This is why I can't take this league serious though. No upsets.

I kept saying Warriors in 4, but the way the league stretched out these conference finals it may have the same result in the finals. Still see the Warriors toying with the Cavs though.

And as expected I was 1000% right. Warriors toyed with the Cavs all series and it was Warriors in four. I'll go on to say Warriors in 6 against the Celtics next year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Lebron to the Lakers. West gets even more competitive. As of right now he may slightly have a better team than he did in Cleveland, but not by much. 

We will see where Kawhi goes, but even if he goes to Lakers I still see the Warriors as the clearcut favorites. I don't think him and Lebron can do it on their own. 

Paul George and Chris Paul staying with their teams is pretty cool I suppose, but it doesn't make their teams really better. They are in the same boat as last year. Houston lost Ariza as well.

As a Celtics fan, it's good to see LeBron out of the equation in the East. I think the Celtics/Philly rivalry will be a thing for years to come. It will be fun to watch if the Celtics are fully healthy. 

I think what's exciting is that, even if the Warriors get to the finals, it won't be the same final matchup.

39 minutes ago, Eliwoodman12 said:

Lebron to the Lakers. West gets even more competitive. As of right now he may slightly have a better team than he did in Cleveland, but not by much. 

We will see where Kawhi goes, but even if he goes to Lakers I still see the Warriors as the clearcut favorites. I don't think him and Lebron can do it on their own. 

Paul George and Chris Paul staying with their teams is pretty cool I suppose, but it doesn't make their teams really better. They are in the same boat as last year. Houston lost Ariza as well.

As a Celtics fan, it's good to see LeBron out of the equation in the East. I think the Celtics/Philly rivalry will be a thing for years to come. It will be fun to watch if the Celtics are fully healthy. 

I think what's exciting is that, even if the Warriors get to the finals, it won't be the same final matchup.

I'm done with LeBron.... he's basically gone from franchise savior (Cavs V1) to hired assasin to franchise savior ( Cavs V2) to hired assassin again...

Hell, he was responsible for for the sh* roster the Cavs had to begin with... and partially responsible for the bad contracts with them too.

I wonder how hard the NBA would look into tampering by the Lakers.....  not saying there was some but I find it odd they have been pulling these sales pitches ever since Magic took over....

You know @Eliwoodman12

I actually wonder what happens with LeBron playing in the currently superior West for an entire season.  His gravy train through the east has ended and with what Houston and GS have, the Lakers aren't cracking their spots.

Edited by purple_beard
10 hours ago, purple_beard said:

I'm done with LeBron.... he's basically gone from franchise savior (Cavs V1) to hired assasin to franchise savior ( Cavs V2) to hired assassin again...

Hell, he was responsible for for the sh* roster the Cavs had to begin with... and partially responsible for the bad contracts with them too.

I wonder how hard the NBA would look into tampering by the Lakers.....  not saying there was some but I find it odd they have been pulling these sales pitches ever since Magic took over....

You know @Eliwoodman12

I actually wonder what happens with LeBron playing in the currently superior West for an entire season.  His gravy train through the east has ended and with what Houston and GS have, the Lakers aren't cracking their spots.

We will see what happens. Obviously there is no cakewalk. I expect, now that he's there, he will get more and more stars to join him there as the years go by. Leonard is pretty much guaranteed. What's great about it is that there is so much competition there. If he doesn't make it and the Celtics do, it will only solidify how bad the east really was. Even if he does make it back it's a different finals matchup so it's a win win either way.