Pro Sports Thread: MLB Playoffs/ NHL/ NBA/ NFL

purple_beard

9 hours ago, Fuzzer1 said:

Come on. Cavs-Warriors is the modern day Lakers-Celtics Finals matchup. What’s wrong with watching an iconic NBA Finals matchup once again?

It's just too predictable. It's a one sided league. I really didn't have to watch the NBA for the last four seasons to tell you that it was going to be Cavs and Warriors in the finals again. That's terrible. As a New England Patriots fan, people say to me they are tired of the Patriots in the Super Bowl but at least they play different teams and don't always win. This year it's just going to be Golden State winning because they are just too good. Even with the Chicago Bulls in the 90s, they played different teams, well besides the Jazz, but two times isn't bad. Even 3 times for Warriors Cavs to prove who is the best of the best is fine. 

This is why I will always like NFL and MLB better. Different story lines and not always predictable.

38 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

LeBron might have an EPIC Game 6 in him in Cleveland but I think the Celtics got this series.

I feel like there's no need to watch Game 6 as the home team will win. I feel like Game 7 could be a toss up even though it doesn't look like it. I just feel like it is too good to be true for the Celtics to make the finals. I hope I am wrong though.

18 hours ago, Eliwoodman12 said:

It will be interesting to see if the Celtics and Rockets can close out these series. I am hoping for at least the Celtics to do so. 

CP3 out game 6 with that hammy.

Celtics can't do it in Cleveland.  

We might have dual game 7 conference finals.

This is about as intense as NBA basketball gets.  You’ve got the two mainstays of the last 4 years in the Warriors and Cavaliers, having to play Road game 7s against the upstarts, the Rockets and Celtics.  It’s onr game, winner take all in both cases.  It just doesn’t get much better in sports.  

I’ve been a Cavaliers fan since my youth, so obviously I’m hoping the Cavaliers find a way to bring home the title.  That being said, I’m well aware that most all of the country is rooting against the Cavaliers and Warriors because of general boredom and antipathy (and jealousy) of the two teams.  The analogy with the Patriots is a good one, although it amuses me to know that one of Cleveland’s teams is so good the rest of the country is sick of them.

If Warriors and Cavs come out of this, I will put the NBA up there with the WWE. Just over dramatic storylines when they know what they were doing the whole time. Really just a set up for ratings. I hope I am wrong and a different finals matchup happens. But I've said that before and got Cavs and Warriors back to back to back. 

38 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Tatum shouldn't have poked the bear after that posterizing dunk on LeBron, because after that point the Cavs kind of took over.

Wasn't even that. Rozier went 0-10 from three, and the other Celtics starters outside of Tatum didn't do anything. This was way too predictable. I said Cavs vs Warriors in the finals back in 2017 and I stand by it 1000%. No need to watch the season.

12 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

I am pissed we have to watch this 4 years in a row.  I am mad neither the Celtics nor the Rockets could pull it off.  And folks wonder if the NBA is rigged.....

Refer to my last post. There is no need to watch when you already know the outcome. Honestly it's just a two team league. That's the main problem. If KD didn't go to Golden State, it would be at least more interesting. 

But after the Rockets missed 27 threes in a row, it really makes you wonder if it was set up. Who misses 27 threes. If it's rigged, the NBA can get away with it. This is why I can't take this league serious though. No upsets.

I kept saying Warriors in 4, but the way the league stretched out these conference finals it may have the same result in the finals. Still see the Warriors toying with the Cavs though.