Pro Sports Thread: MLB Playoffs/ NHL/ NBA/ NFL

purple_beard

4 minutes ago, Fuzzer1 said:

So is this Manu's last game?

If so when does he officially announce his retirement?

You got me on that one man ... I vividly remember when he started with the Spurs....   and how clutch and well he performed for a long time...

I don't think its final till he has the presser to officially say it...

43 minutes ago, Fuzzer1 said:

So what does the NFL have against letting a new stadium host the Super Bowl in its first seasom?

Days after it was revealed the opening of the Rams and Chargers' joint stadium would be delayed by a year, league owners voted unanimously Tuesday to relocate the site of Super Bowl LV in 2021 from L.A. to Tampa's Raymond James Stadium.

As for L.A., owners at the Spring League Meeting in Chicago voted for the yet-to-be completed stadium to host Super Bowl LVI in 2022.

"From our standpoint, we felt this was an appropriate thing to do," NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Tuesday. "We were fortunate that Tampa had a very competitive presentation when they bid on the Super Bowl earlier (in 2016). So this was a solution the membership got on very quickly."

Sounds like to me its construction issues/delays that could affect the timetable on being ready to host such a large event.

Edited by purple_beard