Pro Sports Thread: MLB Playoffs/ NHL/ NBA/ NFL

purple_beard

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • purple_beard changed the title to Pro Sports Thread: 2021 NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA : MLB Post Season
  • 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, purple_beard said:

How can you be a Braves and Nats fan...around here that is forbidden.  Grantded, around here I see Orioles, Nats, and Braves.  You can't be sure on the folks who sport Dodgers and Yankees gear...if they are actual fans or not.

Braves =  Fav. Team

Nats = Home Team

I became a Braves fan because of my Aunt and Grandma (My parents are from Alabama "Roll Tide"). Living in the DMV (DC, Maryland, Virginia area), I was able to watch the Braves on TBS, until they stopped showing the games when the team was sold (by Time Warner). In 2005 DC got a baseball team again and with the Braves no longer on TBS, the Nats were all I a could watch up here (not counting the Orioles, which I never really cared for), so I eventually became a Nats as well.

I'll never forget the first time my Aunt and Grandma saw my Nats hat (previously had a Braves hat, which I replaced, because it was old). My Grandma looked at me and said "BOOOO!" and My Aunt was like "I don't know if I should let you in my house with that hat, you traitor. :D  I was like "What!? I like BOTH teams! I can't like both?" BTW, my Dad also likes both teams, though he's more of a Bama (football) fan. :P  

My teams:

• Braves - Became a fan because of my Aunt and Grandma.
  • Alabama (football) - Became a fan because of my Dad, Aunt, and Grandma.
  • Nats - Became a fan because I couldn't watch the Braves where I live (unless they played the Nats).

I remember me, my Dad, and my little bro went to a Braves @ Nats game in 2014 and I had my full Braves gear on (jersey, hat, foam tomahawk, which I got at a Braves game in ATL in 2003) and my Dad (with his Nats hat on) looking at me and saying "I can't believe you!" I was like "You do realize we only decided to go to this game because the Nats were playing the Braves? LOL!"

Edited by alienboyva
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • purple_beard changed the title to Pro Sports Thread: 2021 NFL, MLB, NHL, NBA
  • purple_beard changed the title to Pro Sports Thread: Rams Bengals Super Bowl / NHL All Star Game