Shiny Stories

Spring

The earliest encounter as far as i can remember is encountering a shiny  Hoothoot/Noctowl in that.....whater that swamp area in D/P/P was called

Unfortunately that little fucker fled

On a game i reset (Platinum i think?) I believe the first shiny i ever caught was a Ponyta above.... wherever the first gym is located (my gen4 memory is a bit fuzzy)

On and off ive been trying for a shiny HA vulpix - still no luck, unfortunately 

Full list: (all currently in X) Also to note i have no idea where the spoiler tag is so sorry for the long list

Ponyta - Sinnoh

Graveler (Pokérus) - Johto

Rhyperior - Sinnoh

Fearow - Sinnoh

Raticate (Pokérus) - Johto

Girarina (event) - Pokédit GTS server

Palkia (event) - Pokédit GTS server

Dialga (event) - Pokédit GTS server

Raikou (event) - Pokédit GTS server

Entei - Event

Suicune (event) - Pokédit GTS server

Red Genesect (JPN event) - Pokédit GTS server

Golurk (JPN event) - Pokédit GTS server

Hydreigon (JPN event) - Pokédit GTS server

Meganium - Unova

Serperior (Pokérus) - Unova

Gyarados (Pokérus) - Kalos Route 22; chain fishing

Luvdisc (Pokérus) - Kalos Cyllage City; chain fishing

Dugtrio (Pokérus) - Kalos; Route 13

Clawitzer - Kalos Route 8; chain fishing

Lanturn - Kalos Shalour city; chain fishing

Starmie - Kalos Route 8; chain fishing

Gorebyss (Pokérus) - Kalos Route 12; chain fishing

Kingdra - Kalos Ambrette Town; chain fishing

Octillery - Kalos Shalour city; chain fishing 

Seaking - Kalos Route 22; chain fishing 

Sharpedo - Kalos Route 22; chain fishing

Crawdaunt - Kalos Route 3; chain fishing

Trapinch (Japanese) - Trade; Kalos

Pidgey/Taubsi (German) - Trade; Kalos

Skuntank (Pokérus) Kalos;Route 11

Poliwrath (Pokérus) Kalos Route 15; chain fishing

Corsola - Kalos Route 12: chain fishing

Politoed - Kalos Route 15; chain fishing

Qwilfish - Kalos Route 8; chain fishing

Relicanth - Kalos Ambrette Town; chain fishing

Basculin (Blue) - Kalos Route 15; chain fishing

Poliwhirl (dupe) - Kalos route 15; chain fishing

Basculin (Red) - Kalos route 15; chain fishing 

Bisharp (Spider-Man) - Wondertrade

Dedenne - Friend Safari (Sarah's, i believe?

Rapidash (Epona) - Friend Safari

Cinccino - Friend Safari

Alomamola - Kalos Azure Bay; chain fishing 

Seviper - Friend safari

Dragalge (Pokérus) - Kalos route 8; chain fishing

Skrelp (dupe) - Kalos route 8; chain fishing 

Cloyster - Kalos Route 8; chain fishing

Rhydon (HA) - Friend Safari

Whishcash (Pokérus) - Kalos Route 19; chain fishing

Spinda - Kalos Route 21

Altaria (Pokérus) - Kalos Route 21

Swablu - Kalos route 21

Trevenant (Whispy Woods) - Kalos Route 20

Kricketune - GTS

Spearow - Friend Safari

Delibird - Day Care Egg

Scyther - Trade,Wondertrade or GTS

Gurdurr - Kalos Victory Road

Luvdisc (dupe) - Kalos Route 8; chain fishing

And to note on how i obtained some of these it was the last day before the DS servers went down and i wanted to at least complete the regional Unova dex in one of the games

And since the chances of me getting these myself (legends) or event shinies from other people was low i got several regular/shiny Pokémon from the Pokédit GTS servers just for the heck of it

Edited by Shadow118
  • 2 weeks later...

Since there's no shiny hunter thread I'll just post this here:

Shiny%20Ursaring_zpsv4e2fmiv.jpg

I caught him while I was grinding. Not sure what I'm going to do with him yet as I'm doing a Nuzlocke and though the rules say I can catch shinies, there's nothing that specifies whether I can use them. I don't even know what I'm going to call this guy.

10 hours ago, Yellow said:

I caught him while I was grinding. Not sure what I'm going to do with him yet as I'm doing a Nuzlocke and though the rules say I can catch shinies, there's nothing that specifies whether I can use them. I don't even know what I'm going to call this guy.

Impossibear

I have encountered quite a few shines, many with stories to them:

Golbat, Silver: My first wild Shiny, encountered on an average day in Mt Silver, my favorite training place.  Evolved into a pink Crobat.  Probably no longer exists, I haven't touched Silver in years.

Weedle, Leaf Green: After the disappointment in how much was removed between RS and FRLG, I decided to empty the contents of my Leaf Green into Pokemon Box and restart to get the other two starters.  Even chose to play as a girl just for fun.  I ran into a Shiny Weedle just as I was to leave Viridian Forest.  She became one of my prime team members as a Beedrill.  Never had the heart to reset the game afterwards though, got Fire Red instead.

Wurmple, Ruby: Not long after getting Weedle, maybe as soon as the next week or so, I wandered into Route 1 and found a purple Wurmple.  Don't remember why I was there, maybe I'd just beat the E4 and left my flyer in the PC.  Anyways, he became a Beautifly.

Exeggecute, Leaf Green (aka why I once hated Chansey): My first sad shiny story, I was hunting Lucky Eggs in the Safari Zone when I encountered this pain.  I even remember exclaiming, "Oh, no, my worse nightmare!" It of course fled before it would stay in a ball.

Gulpin, Emerald: One of my favorite Shiny Stories, I was so excited to get a Pokemon game on launch day that I played probably halfway through before I stopped.  This Pokemon, who is now a Swalot, was one of the highlights of that day.

Weezing, Platinum (aka why Buck should die): While traversing the volcano with Buck, causing double battles, I encountered this Weezing.  Now Buck's Claydol was OHKOing Weezing, and you can't capture in a wild Double Battle unless the other Pokemon is KOed, so I tried to KO Claydol first.  Didn't work.  Again: Buck should die.

Swadloon, X: Found this after just a couple ventures into the Safari, not long before the next two.

Dunsparce and Chansey, X (aka why me and Chansey are good now): While Lucky Egg hunting in the friend Safari, I got these two almost right on top of one another.

Tropius, X: Part of me thinks this Safari was actually from my second DS.

Clamperl, Omega Ruby: This was a total surprise, I went towards a Dexnav Pokemon underwater, realized it was a Clamperl which I hadn't encountered yet, and discovered it was Shiny.

Honorable Mention, Magby, Crystal: I think I had this for a long time from my odd egg before realizing it was Shiny.  Never evolved it though.

On 11/10/2016 at 10:13 AM, Yellow said:

Wow. Sweet catch. Are you playing Crystal version? Man I miss that version :( .