Shiny Stories

Spring

7 minutes ago, Cryptic said:

A long time before finding the Weepinbell, though, I did get a Pokemon with Pokerus.

Oh man, how could I forget, I caught Pokemon with Pokerus outside Lilycove in my Emerald adventure.

Wow, it like all my surprise Pokemon wonder happen in that game. Though I have been able to get some shinies in the next gen only really, I haven't been able to catch a Pokemon with Pokerus till Carl231 traded a Pokemon in Pokemon X with him and like quarter of my current gen Pokemon have Pokerus now.

Just now, DLurkster said:

Oh man, how could I forget, I caught Pokemon with Pokerus outside Lilycove in my Emerald adventure.

Wow, it like all my surprise Pokemon wonder happen in that game. Though I have been able to get some shinies in the next gen only really, I haven't been able to catch a Pokemon with Pokerus till Carl231 traded a Pokemon in Pokemon X with him and like quarter of my current gen Pokemon have Pokerus now.

I forget which gen I caught a Pokemon that had Pokerus.  I think maybe 4th gen?  I think I passed it on to 5th gen, but I never bothered to pass it to 6th.

Just now, Cryptic said:

I forget which gen I caught a Pokemon that had Pokerus.  I think maybe 4th gen?  I think I passed it on to 5th gen, but I never bothered to pass it to 6th.

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread I transferred all Pokemon I could transfer over from gen 3 to gen 4, to Gen 5 to gen 6 through the bank. I made sure to put a lot of time effort to make sure they were all my Pokemon I caught throughout the gen was in my current gen games. Of course you should know how annoying it was to do this with the minigames and the pal and the conditions of who or what Pokemon you couldn't transfer over, with TM moves and such.

Thanks to my PoS internet connection I lost my post on what shinies that I caught in more detail than I care to retype because screw that so I'll cut it down as best as I can recall what the hell I had typed:

Gen 2- first ever random shiny was Rattata after original file corrupted and I moved a whole bunch of MB from Pokémon Stadium 2 over to Gold

Gen 3- too many to recall completely though a Wrumple was random in Sapphire on my second run(evolved into Dustox instead of Beautifly sadly) and in Emerald thanks to RNG abuse I caught Wailmer, Staryu, Magikarp, Sharpedo, Oddish, Poochyena, Clampearl and Ditto(likely forgetting some), encountered a shiny Psyduck in FR but KO'd it w/ an Ice Beam crit

Gen 4- wild Abra in MB, hatched a shiny Bagon(terrible nature but had Thunder Fang I think)

Gen 5- nothing

Gen 6 - Gothorita, Gabite, Trevenant, Pikachu(Safari Zone luckily) and hatched a perfect IV shiny Eevee

51 minutes ago, SuperWooper said:

Are we talking about pokerus now, because the very first pokemon I caught in gen 4, a bidoof, had pokerus before I even knew what it was. After looking it up I even remember going to nsider and asking if getting pokerus was guaranteed in gen 4. I couldn't believe my luck. theydonothing;

So wait, what are the odds currently in this gen?

I believe the odds of shiny and Pokerus changes each gen. So I can't say for sure if it was easier to to get both in Emerald adventure. I think in my whole time playing it, I found 3 (by luck) and just that one Pokerus Pokemon.

I only remember the 3 shinies I caught in 4th gen. I'm sure there are some others, but I can't recall any off the top of my head.

I caught a Shiny Roselia in the trophy guardian in pearl. I didn't like Roselia at the time (it's since grown on me a bit), and found the coloration rather bleh.

I caught a Shiny Stantler in Platinum. A boring pokemon that isn't made much better by being painted LIME GREEN.

I caught a Shiny Magikarp in Soul Silver while doing some batshit crazy EV grinding in the main storyline. Fishing Magikarp over and over intentionally to boost a pokemon's speed stat, eventually I got lucky. I intentionally didn't train or evolve it because no one cares about Red Gyarados, especially in HG/SS.

I've caught a Shiny Bronzor as well but idgaf "Bronzor's supposed to be bronze".

Oh lord... where do I begin?

Obviously, the Red Gyarados in Silver and Crystal are ones I've caught numerous times. As far as straight up shinies in those games though, I never found any.

Sapphire saw a couple playthroughs that both seemed to include shiny Linoone catches. Don't ever recall finding any other shinies in Sapphire's Hoenn though.

Fire Red has seen several files both legit and emulated and saw a good handful of shinies, though two of them were mine and two were my girlfriend's. The only emulated shiny I have seen and caught was a Rattata, meanwhile the only true shiny I encountered was a Pidgey that used Whirlwind and got away. On two separate files my girlfriend encountered shiny Oddish and asked me to catch them for her, which I did.

Diamond and Pearl, I believe saw not a single shiny. Tis a shame.

SoulSilver saw the return of the Red Gyarados as well as a Bagon I encountered in the Safari Zone. Recounting the memory of that Bagon encounter always leaves me saddened, as it both refused to stay in the Safari Balls AND refused to flee. I actually ran out of all 30 of my Safari Balls during that encounter, all the while that Bagon remained on the screen even after I had no more balls to throw at it.

I do not recall a shiny I ever got in White, or even White 2. I know there is the shiny Haxorus in one of those games as well as a shiny Dratini or Gible in the other, but I never reached those.

Pokemon X was the first game I was actively searching for shinies, and I have a nice list to spout off. The first four shinies of this list were not active searches though. I landed a Ledyba early in the game, got a Chansey while farming Lucky Eggs, found a Cubchoo in a horde while I was trying to EV train one of my Jolteon, and encountered a Minun while hunting for a HA Plusle for Fifi. I hatched both a shiny Horsea and a Venipede in this game, the latter of which I traded to Fifi. Since then I have caught a Poliwag, Poliwhirl (x3), Tauros, Mareep, Corsola, Remoraid (x4), Wingull (x3), Clamperl (x3), and Basculin (x2).

AlphaSapphire is my other active shiny hunting file. This one has a waaaay bigger list as well as some incredible names in the list. I have caught Pikachu (x2), Voltorb, Magikarp (x2), Chinchou, Lanturn, Marill (x2), Electrike (x2), Plusle, Minun, Carvanha (x2), Wailmer (x2), Barboach (x2), Corphish (x2), Feebas (x2), Luxio (x2), and Joltik (x2). As for legendary shinies, I have found and caught Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Zekrom, and Lugia.

to gauge interest, i was thinking of starting a shiny hunters club here where i'll offer to breed shinies for people in ORAS and eventually SUMO in exchange for...i have no idea yet, i just like having shinies and i like helping people

it'd be nice if we had a market to use to encourage participation so i could ask for rupees or some shit in return but in the meantime just assume i'm doing this out of the goodness of my heart

do u guys think people would be interested in that?

13 hours ago, Katsie said:

I.. want.. Shiny Sylveon.................

tumblr_mvt71inSRF1r3ruupo1_500.gif

:hamshock:

Wow, I don't think I seen the shiny of this and I have to say I'm let down. Like blue is my fave color and all but this as a shiny on Slyveon just looks like a bootleg. How do you go from pink to blue? I know shiny colors usually isn't better than their originals but c'mon this is freakin' Slyveon give the best shiny color there is like a magenta or violet or something.

Oddly enough I've gotten very few shiny Pokemon outside of Masuda/Trainer ID exploit/cheating.

The only one I can remember is a Sandshrew I got in Sapphire. I found it early in the game while wandering near the desert and was quite surprised! Ended up changing his name to Knuckles when I realized the Sandslash quills turned red.

I worked my butt off to breed a shiny Surskit in Black/White because I wanted a Pokemon with an ice move. Wasn't particularly useful.

In X/Y is where I really started getting a lot of shinies thanks to the Trainer ID exploit and improved Masuda rates. I'm not counting the exploit here, but I managed to get (by accident) a shiny Joltik among a few others I just can't remember since they rotted in my PC.

So yeah, I think I've only once encountered a shiny in the wild.

I think one of the most notable shinies I found was in a LG nuzlocke. I walked into Mt. Moon fully expecting to get a Zubat, and sure enough I did. It was a shiny tho. Walked right back out and boxed it for safety. Other than that, I caught a shiny Throh when wandering in White 2. Also caught a shiny Dugtrio in X/Y, but wonder traded it away, hoping it would bring joy to someone.

And then of course I got a bunch through trades and back when the whole Shiny ID was a thing you could look up in X/Y

Edited by LimeCatMaster
10 hours ago, Dancing Mog said:

@Katsie Sylveon is probably my second favorite of the shiny colors for the Eevee evolutions. If you don't care about level I can trade you a cloned shiny Eevee I have which I think is Modest w/ perfect IVs.

@Dancing Mog Yeah, I don't care about the level...  if I have something you'd like I'd be glad to trade for it, I've always wanted a Shiny Sylveon.