Ring Fit Adventure coming to Nintendo Switch Oct. 18!

UPDATE:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have no clue what the hell this could be. At first I though the sequel to Wii Fit series, but then they showed different cities from around the world. 🤔

Edited by alienboyva

Curious to see what this turns out to be but I wouldn't be surprised if it's another way for Nintendo to sort of continue chasing after the type of interactive play that Wii Sports, Wii Play and other such Wii-games chased.  Seeing how versatile they made some of those interactions look with a rubber circle that just seems like it might be the best way to integrate a variety of different actions into a single peripheral compared to on Wii where a lot of ideas stemmed from various shells that housed the Wii Remote.

I still miss the quirkiness of the Wii and I like that Nintendo seems to still have ideas from that era that the want to pursue in new ways after all this time.

If this new peripheral leads to an experience on par with a Wii Sports Resort or even a Wii Fit, I definitely would be interested. Wii Fit was a solid experience when I had the room to play it, and Wii Sports Resort could be argued as a Top 10 Wii game. I don't see a return of that kind of experience as a bad thing and honestly felt it was missing once the Switch started becoming a hot system. I'm worried how this is being handled on the side as to whether that level of software quality would be reached. A Wii Sports Resort and Wii Fit caliber software can stand next to the games they showcase in Directs. 

Edited by IU
  • Chrom featured this topic

"When you think of an adventure, you probably picture a world in peril and enemies to battles as you work towards a goal; that's the core of an adventure game."

Way to bury an entire genre, Nintendo. 

When I think of an adventure games, I think of three-headed monkeys, hyperkinetic rabbity things, rubber ducks, microwaving magic mushroom cookies, Chuck the Plant, fine leather jackets, throwing pies at yetis, babel fish vending machines, and, of course, a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle.

That said, an evil bodybuilding dragon? I love it. 

• alienboyva changed the title to Ring Fit Adventure coming to Nintendo Switch Oct. 18!

I'm intrigued but what turns me off from the jump were those actors. They come in as if we know them, I do not know you like that so don't come at me with all that energy. It just looks off-putting and fake.

Second, that price of $100 in Canada. Like I was down for the price of LABO (which is ridiculous when talking about cardboard; only bought the VR set and no regrets there) but even if the ring minus the strap is... amazing technology. I cannot justify that price.

If someone this for me then sure I'll keep it and own but not using my money to get, that's for sure.