Nintendo Download: Super NES Games Come to Nintendo Switch Online

Chrom

Switch_CreatureintheWell_screen_01.jpg?d

This week’s Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

• Nintendo eShop on Nintendo Switch
    • Divinity: Original Sin 2 – This critically beloved and fan-favorite role-playing game is now available on the Nintendo Switch system. With the power of Nintendo Switch, players can slay monsters and unleash magic with up to three other friends* at home or on the go.
    • Deadly Premonition Origins – The original open-world survival horror game is now on Nintendo Switch. If you’ve never experienced the cult classic, now you can play it at home, on the go or while drinking coffee in a remote hotel in the woods.
    • Super Kirby Clash – To defeat bosses this wicked, it’ll take a whole team of Kirbys! In this free-to-start multiplayer* action game, you can choose from four unique Roles and join up to three other players to take down tough bosses. Puff up your power by crafting weapons and spending materials at the Shoppe to receive even MORE weapons, not to mention armor and items. Pass a Joy-Con controller to a friend to play locally, and if you have a Nintendo Switch Online membership, you can even play online**.
    • DAEMON X MACHINA Prologue Demo – This new action-mech game launches on Sept. 13, but players that want to take those powerful mechs for a spin can now try out the free demo version of the game. In the Prologue demo, players will pilot their mechs through the beginning of the game, and all progress earned will carry over to the main game, once purchased. A key feature of the demo is the ability to play in local co-op mode with up to four players (additional accessories may be required for multiplayer mode; sold separately).
    • NBA 2K20 – NBA 2K has evolved into much more than a basketball simulation. 2K continues to redefine what’s possible in sports gaming with the NBA 2K20 game, featuring best-in-class graphics and gameplay, ground-breaking game modes and unparalleled player control and customization. Plus, with its immersive open-world Neighborhood, the NBA 2K20 game is a platform for gamers and ballers to come together and create what’s next in basketball culture. The NBA 2K20 game will be available on Sept. 6.
    • Creature in the Well – The Creature in the Well game is a top-down, pinball-inspired, hack-and-slash dungeon crawler. As the last remaining BOT-C unit, venture deep into a desert mountain to restore power to an ancient facility, haunted by a desperate Creature. Uncover and upgrade powerful gear in order to free the city of Mirage from a deadly sandstorm. The Creature in the Well game will be available on Sept. 6.
    • Risk of Rain 2 – No run will ever be the same with randomized stages, enemies, bosses and items. Play solo, or team up with up to four friends online** to fight through hordes of monsters, unlock new loot and find a way to escape the planet. Additional survivors, stages, items, enemies and features are still in active development and will be added in multiple free content updates.
    • Blasphemous – A foul curse has fallen upon the land of Cvstodia and all its inhabitants – it is simply known as The Miracle. Play as The Penitent One, a sole survivor of the massacre of the “Silent Sorrow.” Trapped in an endless cycle of death and rebirth, it’s down to you to free the world from this terrible fate and reach the origin of your anguish. The Blasphemous game will be available on Sept. 10.
  • Nintendo Switch Online
    • Super Nintendo Entertainment System – Nintendo Switch Online – Super NES games are now on Nintendo Switch – and they are free for anyone who has a Nintendo Switch Online membership!
      • Super Mario World
      • Super Mario Kart
      • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
      • Super Metroid
      • Stunt Race FX (The first time it has appeared on another system outside of its original Super NES release!)
      • Kirby’s Dream Land 3
      • Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island
      • Star Fox
      • F-ZERO
      • Pilotwings
      • Kirby’s Dream Course
      • BRAWL BROTHERS
      • Breath of Fire
      • Demon’s Crest
      • Joe & Mac 2: Lost in the Tropics
      • SUPER E.D.F. EARTH DEFENSE FORCE
      • Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts
      • Super Puyo Puyo 2
      • Super Soccer
      • Super Tennis

Sux that the SNES games are their own app and not combined into one app along with the NES games. ...But DAMN! So many good NES games at launch, including Stunt Race FX! :)  BTW, doesn't Puyo Puyo 2 have a story mode that's all in Japanese? It's odd we'd get that instead of Kirby's Avalanche. I really hope we get Sim City soon. Though, like I mentioned in another thread, I'm not sure how that rights work with it, especially since EA shutdown Maxis. I know Nintendo developed the game, but EA owns the IP.

Edited by alienboyva
4 hours ago, Surge135 said:

I've been looking, I haven't seen it on the eShop

4 hours ago, Chrom said:

The European press release indicates they'll be available later today, less than six hours from now.

Damn, the anticipation is killing me.  Stunt race fx is tops on my list.  Then some smk online.

Probably letting the servers calm down from the banjo drop last night.:D

Edited by purple_beard

So, I take it the SNES game are going to drop around 8PM ET? If so, I should be able to play some before our Mario Kart night tonight.

I really hope this doesn't end up being a case where NOA gives a release date and then the game comes out when it's literally the next day everywhere except the west cost where NOA is. They've done this too many times in the past.

Edited by alienboyva

I been playing a at lot of Super Puyo Puyo 2. That game is really fun, but I suck at Puyo. The only other Puyo Puyo game I've played is Puyo Puyo Tetris. I find it odd that we got this instead of Kirby's Avalanche. I mean, it's cool to see this game in the west, but most of this game is in Japanese and I can't read the menus or the story. >_<

BTW, I posted this in the NSO thread, but if anyone hasn't noticed, you can now remove the controls at the bottom that show during gameplay!

PICS:

Spoiler

Now if they could just update the NES app to do this. OK, it seems it may have been.

44 minutes ago, EH_STEVE said:

Randomly can mean MORE frequently. 

Anyways. I’m obv playing LttP, already two temples finished in the Dark World. 

Also, could mean LESS frequently. I'm just sayn' (wouldn't be surprised with Nintendo :v ). I'm not sure how I feel about this, as I like knowing when to expect new games. Though, getting games at random should be a fun suprise.

Edited by alienboyva