DNLINK's Art Gallery

DNLINK

You really inspire me to want to take the time to move here too.  I've been wanting to, but haven't gotten much of a free moment to actually do so.  My own thread could probably do with some real updating considering how many broken links are in my posts at this point.  Thanks, Imageshack.

Anyway, enough about me.  I'm so happy to see you joined and started anew!  I've commented on this recent piece about twice already, but again...always love your devotion to the subjects you humbly illustrate with great pride and care.  You've always been one of my favorite fan artists thanks to your modesty and impressive skill set you've honed in on over the years.  Progress really speaks well enough for itself. :)

Thanks for all of your support. It means a good deal to be able to come over here and see that there are users here who still enjoy my work and have had the patience to watch much my work improve over the years. I especially appreciate the encouragement many of you have offered me over that time to keep on painting. I've had moments where users didn't hold back and told me that my work was dull, inaccurate and even hopeless, but I've been fortunate to have a group of you keep urging me to keep moving forward, and for that I'm grateful. 

Here's to more years of paintings and whatever the hell else I'll stress myself over trying to learn. 

• 4 weeks later...

Started work on this yesterday on Saturday and finished it this afternoon. I needed to rush it for a contest deadline held on DA for a Kubo and the Two Strings contest. Still haven't had a chance to even watch the film yet. I've noticed a few needed changes, but they're quick fixes and hopefully I can paint those in after the contest is finished.

image.jpeg

Edited by DNLINK
11 hours ago, DNLINK said:

Started work on this yesterday on Saturday and finished it this afternoon. I needed to rush it for a contest deadline held on DA for a Kubo and the Two Strings contest. Still haven't had a chance to even watch the film yet. I've noticed a few needed changes, but they're quick fixes and hopefully I can paint those in after the contest is finished.

image.jpeg

Yeah I read about that contest and man this would be great :).

I'm kind of curious why you went this route when the contest also said that you could also make a piece about overcoming a challenge/struggle. 

Still looks awesome either way though.

@Kirbymeister2Well, the premise of this is the struggle of having to learn your craft or skill. If you notice Kubo is surrounded by paper balls and shredded paper. The idea is that this is when he's trying to understand his art and along the way he's faced several failures and frustrations in doing so. I figured a lot of users on DA can probably relate to that. 

22 minutes ago, DNLINK said:

@Kirbymeister2Well, the premise of this is the struggle of having to learn your craft or skill. If you notice Kubo is surrounded by paper balls and shredded paper. The idea is that this is when he's trying to understand his art and along the way he's faced several failures and frustrations in doing so. I figured a lot of users on DA can probably relate to that. 

That's a very interesting background that you put in the piece. I thought you get it just because it had Kubo in the challenge but you went with something completely else different that I thought :hamcute:.

Well anyways I hope it seems pretty awesome and I can't wait to see if you won the contest or not :hamwink: