Heliodor - N4A Chat Thread - September 2019

Chrom

Dragon Quest III:

Spoiler

Just finished up the Alefgard section of DQIII. I had no idea this existed, and just happened to decide to play through the original Dragon Quest on the side while streaming this one.
So it was really cool to suddenly be back again. Especially cause I didn't realize at first because I had forgotten the region name, but then I heard the music remixes lol. Super glad I played this one so early in my challenge. I feel like I missed out hard on this series up to this point.

Finally finished DQ3 myself. Phenomenal game, loved every bit of it other than the random encounter slog when trying to figure out what to do next.
Took 37 hours and 55 minutes. The speedrun is under 3 hours lol. I might give it a go myself, but I left my next games in my stream viewers hands so it'll depend on that psyduck;

On 9/14/2019 at 8:54 PM, Shadow118 said:

Been home for the weekend, was dropped off for some grocery shopping and spent hours doing some baking and cooking...

and then some kitchen cleanup...

im tired... today’s been a long day.... 😴

I’ve been under too. 

20 hours ago, Pichi said:

Finally finished DQ3 myself. Phenomenal game, loved every bit of it other than the random encounter slog when trying to figure out what to do next.
Took 37 hours and 55 minutes. The speedrun is under 3 hours lol. I might give it a go myself, but I left my next games in my stream viewers hands so it'll depend on that psyduck;

Same here. Can’t wait to play IV. 

Currently rehearsing for The Crucible. It’s such an intense play, and the cast I’m working with is good. Real good.

YEAH, F#$R#$RK KING OF FIGHTERS '94. Enemies be spamming movies, counterattacking, and defending like it's their birthday, and that stupid power bar system can seriously go burn in hell. I think I know the reason I like KOF '14 better, it's because there's not as much B.S.O.S. like this 4$#@@#$@#$@! 

Screw designers to think that kind of system is fair and challenging to players. It's nothing but a coin-mucher. A soulless creation made to make people unnecessarily angry. Screw the cheap as hell characters as well. I'll see what the Wikipedia says about this game, because Wikipedia is for bulls. 

*tries to calm down and rest.* 

Maybe I'll never defeat it with how B.S. the controls are.  

Even some people online say that it's not really good. WHY DID I EVEN BOTHER?!

Edited by XLW
5 hours ago, XLW said:

YEAH, F#$R#$RK KING OF FIGHTERS '94. Enemies be spamming movies, counterattacking, and defending like it's their birthday, and that stupid power bar system can seriously go burn in hell. I think I know the reason I like KOF '14 better, it's because there's not as much B.S.O.S. like this 4$#@@#$@#$@! 

Screw designers to think that kind of system is fair and challenging to players. It's nothing but a coin-mucher. A soulless creation made to make people unnecessarily angry. Screw the cheap as hell characters as well. I'll see what the Wikipedia says about this game, because Wikipedia is for bulls. 

*tries to calm down and rest.* 

Maybe I'll never defeat it with how B.S. the controls are.  

Even some people online say that it's not really good. WHY DID I EVEN BOTHER?!

why you playin old arcade fighters for the 1P mode lol. go play against some actual people

4 hours ago, Pichi said:

why you playin old arcade fighters for the 1P mode lol. go play against some actual people

'Cause who plays King of Fighters '94 competitively nowadays anyways?! Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. 

Actually, it's because I have nobody to play it with. Plus, I wanted to see how good it stands today. I mean, there are some old video games that have aged well, like Super Mario World, Tekken 3, and Sonic 3 and Knuckles. I wanted to see if King of Fighters '94 has anything that has held up well, and its roster is definitely a highlight... MOST OF THEM. *looks at little guy from Korea Team, Chie I believe, and Ben something from Japan team* 

I have found a setup that works well in my case. But, it kind if gets rid of what the series is known for, but I just want this over with.  

... I give up. I beat all of the international teams, I’m done with this 33$-?37382$! If Bernstein is just as cheap as the other cheap characters, what... WHAT AM I FIGHT FOOOOOOOOOooooooooooor?! 

Edited by XLW