Yacht Club Games Presents – New Shovel Knight Game Coming

Earlier today Yacht Club Games hosted their own "direct" called Yacht Club Games Presents to show off their upcoming releases. King of Cards and Showdown will be out in December, and King of Cards is being touted as their biggest game yet. They also haven't forgotten about the amiibo for Plague, Specter, and King Knight, which will unlock amiibo fairy bonuses in-game.

The most surprising news though is that a new Shovel Knight game is in development! Shovel Knight Dig is being co-developed with Nitrome, and although there's no release window yet, it's great to see a brand new Shovel Knight game in development.

You can find more details on their site, or just watch the video above it's only about 12 minutes long.

I can't believe we're still getting Shovel Knight content after all these years, and all as free updates if you've previously bought the original Shovel Knight game! I'm tempted to re-purchase Shovel Knight on the Switch though just to support Yacht Club though.

The spritework looks awesome and the colors pop so much.  Krazy and I still gotta tackle the DLC for the original game at some point but I'm already looking forward to seeing what this new one will be about. 

I'm surprised this news didn't break out during the recent Nindies presentation or even during Gamescom.

• 1 month later...