Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Thursday Night Throwdown! @ 10pm ET!

Surge135

2 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Welp, I think ride as a character I despise driving as, same goes with the kart config. Curious to see how do when I combine those two aspects.

That's an interesting idea. I rode as King Boo on April Fools Day as a bit of practice against NPC's.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

That's an interesting idea. I rode as King Boo on April Fools Day as a bit of practice against NPC's.

Yeah, I'm just sort of bored with my usual setup. I tend stick the light to medium chars, hardly go the heavies. Which is weird to say because the weight doesn't mean much, it's the kart config that makes or break what setup you like to go with.

Tho saying that the heavies I lean away from is Bowser and DK. Tend to stir away from inside drift bike, really small and big wheels. The karts themselves I don't really have any detest but I'm sure I have a few.

I'll see what I come with tonight and see what happens.

25 minutes ago, Kezay said:

Can't wait to ride with everyone tonight.  But let's try to avoid racing on the same track three times in a single tournament this time :P

If it destined to happen, don't fight it.

Plus, now that this can be a thing I'll push to make happen when I'm in the tourney, dammit! >.<

So it occurred to me with next week being the 64th weeks of tourney racing, next week is also the week Reggie officially retires from Nintendo.

We are suppose to be driving as his Mii on this night so should we vote on what we gonna do or should we Reggie vs Mario Kart 64 chars?

36 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

So it occurred to me with next week being the 64th weeks of tourney racing, next week is also the week Reggie officially retires from Nintendo.

We are suppose to be driving as his Mii on this night so should we vote on what we gonna do or should we Reggie vs Mario Kart 64 chars?

I thought it was n64 roster on pipes and STD tires

2 hours ago, purple_beard said:

I thought it was n64 roster on pipes and STD tires

Given some of the artwork/in-game models for SMK, MK64, and MK:SC, it's kinda hard to tell if the classic tires are standard or slick. That's why we're going with both.

Though, given how they all have yellow rims, I'd assume they're standard.

Image result for mario kart 8 standard tiresuWds2Su.png?1Related imageZx0nIjW.png?1

Related imageImage result for mario kart 64 artworkjK9Pp6C.png?1

Edited by alienboyva
18 hours ago, DLurkster said:

We'll be doing the Mario Kart 64 Roster (Pipe Frame w/ Standard or Slick Tires) theme. We can do the Reggie theme the following week if that's fine. Unless anyone else wants to do both next week.

Edited by The Krazy One

Here is last week's tournament!

Are you guys ready for a blast in the past racing experience?

Original roster from Mario Kart 64: Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Toad, Wario, Bowser, Donkey Kong

Pipe Frame

Standard or Slick Tires

Any Glider

I will also be streaming this on Youtube for anyone not racing that would like to watch.