Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Thursday Night Throwdown! @ 10pm ET!

Surge135

I'm probably going to start the 7 day trial tomorrow even though I might not have a lot of time to play online due to my one day off a week work schedule. But I will be ready on Thursday. Anyone going to use the app to chat on Thursday? 

As far as it goes for the thumbnail, I'll use the 2nd one.

I might use the app for voice chat if anyone else uses it (we should just use Discord since we already use it for text chat :P ). Though after that, I feel like we shouldn't use it, because if Nintendo sees that nobody is using it, they may ditch the shitty app and do voice chat properly on the system. 

Okay, look at it this way. Because we have these online nights we're already forced to pay to use Nintendo Switch online. As much as there is room for improvement and us purchasing does not speak with our wallets but we can speak in constructive criticism. This goes double for the Nintendo App and its voice chat, so to show that we're even more serious with paid online out, don't use the app at all. Leave all your comments to improve this as well. Tho, I don't know how helpful it will be as update after update does stop NCL doubling down on the app.

If they can listen to what games we want (certain degree) and added save CC information and paypal, anything is almost possible and we can only up this paywall help make the service better with comments on the service.

tl;dr: don't use the app and use Discord as per usual.

30 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

I might use the app for voice chat if anyone else uses it (we should just use Discord since we already use it for text chat :P ). Though after that, I feel like we shouldn't use it, because if Nintendo sees that nobody is using it, they may ditch the shitty app and do voice chat properly on the system. 

Why did everyone bail on discord voice chat?  Seems like it was going on fine for a while then no one wanted to talk.

I stopped using vc on discord because:

-Not many people were on it

-Some people had bad background noise

-Not in the right circumstances to use it

If more people used it and actually talked during the races, I would include the live commentary in the tournament videos. That would be the only way to include it since I need a certain setup w/ no interruptions to fully capitalize on it. I'm either or for vc tonight but I won't record it for live commentary.

Speaking on the tournament videos:

Cutting down footage and looking for Zeus's for the sound clip takes time. I usually edit them early in the week if I have the introductory/outro commentary done but didn't have time until this morning to record that. So the video will probably be up sometime before the tourney tonight. Keep an eye on that.

When I was using Discord VC, that was with my phone alone no headphone or mic. I don't remember if anyone said they hear background noise with me but I eventually stop using it after I took a break from here early 2017.

But tonight I'l be using with either the VC on Discord or Nintendo App, (I said last time I won't even use the Nintendo app) I'll give the Nintendo app VC next week, tonight is not a good night to use it. It will be with headphones so let me know if you hear feedback. I heard there still bee but you should still be able to hear me alright.

The background noise wasn't you DL, because your problem was we couldn't hear you. PB was the background noise. I didn't want to say names but here it is anyway.

In other news, last week's tournament video is now up. I have to edit out the Yoshi Valley race when youtube stops sucking since I got the freeze frame problem for that race. So for those that watch it, skip from 14:10 to 16:54 to the next race.

I would fix the problem and re-render the video but it takes 2 hours to render these Mario Kart videos and I want to upload them on Thursdays.

2 minutes ago, The Krazy One said:

The background noise wasn't you DL, because your problem was we couldn't hear you. PB was the background noise. I didn't want to say names but here it is anyway.

In other news, last week's tournament video is now up. I have to edit out the Yoshi Valley race when youtube stops sucking since I got the freeze frame problem for that race. So for those that watch it, skip from 14:10 to 16:54 to the next race.

I would fix the problem and re-render the video but it takes 2 hours to render these Mario Kart videos and I want to upload them on Thursdays.

What background noise?