Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Thursday Night Throwdown! @ 10pm ET!

Surge135

5 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Well, since you did respond to his post I was seeing if you were racing.

Oh, you could of mentioned me like I mentioned you in the post you quoted.....hopefully that made sense. For some reason that sounded confusing.

Just wondering for the quote and I guess that was the reason

3 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

So, with everyone having MK8DX now (even Surge YAY!) Do we keep MK8DX on Wed. or do we move it to our regular night Thurs.?

If not, then the title needs to be updated.

If we do switch *snap*, then will have to get Pelord to edit the tourney.

I gave in to my karter. 

I wanna cry, the old gang is pretty much back with MK8 again. It's a Christmas miracle.

As far as the tourney setup on Switch, it is on Wednesday night at 10pm. As it stands we should probably have the Switch night stay the same just in cause for those who don't have Switch yet there's still the Thursday. There's no point moving the night because most of the regulars are on Switch now, keep both nights open for the system they hold and in either case we play twice for the week for the week either version. (most likely the Switch will be played twice) It is best to keep these options open for anyone to join in.

20 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

So, with everyone having MK8DX now (even Surge YAY!) Do we keep MK8DX on Wed. or do we move it to our regular night Thurs.?

If not, then the title needs to be updated.

If we do switch *snap*, then will have to get Pelord to edit the tourney.

I gave in to my karter. 

FingerLightning_FEAT.jpg

Ride the Lightning indeed

13 hours ago, DLurkster said:

As far as the tourney setup on Switch, it is on Wednesday night at 10pm. As it stands we should probably have the Switch night stay the same just in cause for those who don't have Switch yet there's still the Thursday. There's no point moving the night because most of the regulars are on Switch now, keep both nights open for the system they hold and in either case we play twice for the week for the week either version. (most likely the Switch will be played twice) It is best to keep these options open for anyone to join in.

I'm all for newcomers who want to join and don't have a Switch. Though, in the past year we haven't  really had any newcomers for MK8 Wii U. We've mostly had people drop out. The main reason we kept the MK8 Wii U night is because Surge didn't have a Switch (these MK nights are his baby). Ironically, he never showed up after MK8DX released for whatever reason.  :v 

With Miiverse being shutdown and the tourney unable to be edited, it seems everyone wants to just move to MK8DX, especially since everyone has the game now. If we're sticking with Wed. for MK8DX, maybe do an optional battle night on Thurs.? IDK, it's just gonna seem weird not playing MK on Thursday nights. We've been doing it since before MK8 Wii U came out. weird.  :P 

13 hours ago, DLurkster said:

I wanna cry, the old gang is pretty much back with MK8 again. It's a Christmas miracle.

ezgif_com_gif_maker_2.gif

Edited by alienboyva
2 hours ago, alienboyva said:

I'm all for newcomers who want to join and don't have a Switch. Though, in the past year we haven't  really had any newcomers for MK8 Wii U. We've mostly had people drop out. The main reason we kept the MK8 Wii U night is because Surge didn't have a Switch (these MK nights are his baby). Ironically, he never showed up after MK8DX released for whatever reason.  :v 

With Miiverse being shutdown and the tourney unable to be edited, it seems everyone wants to just move to MK8DX, especially since everyone has the game now. If we're sticking with Wed. for MK8DX, maybe do an optional battle night on Thurs.? IDK, it's just gonna seem weird not playing MK on Thursday nights. We've been doing it since before MK8 Wii U came out. weird.  :P

Ah, I wasn't here the year when when nights moved to this forum (only for a month after we moved here) so now that you explained that. What you say makes about dropping the Wii U one, if most are gonna hop over to Switch one.

For the sake of tradition let's move the tourney night back on Thursdays nights @ 10pm and for Wednesday nights @ 10pm we can have open night for battle, closed rooms or WW. At least that way this will ease new members in the tourney on Thursdays (compared to WW, the tourneys her can be harsh) and the tradition of Thursday nights top karter tourney will be in its rightful place. Win, win to me. I would like to do proper battles with you guys since we will not speak of the battle mode on Wii U. So this will be great.

Is this a good idea?

1 minute ago, purple_beard said:

Smash Wednesdays and MK8 Thursdays, you heard it here first.

Since DLX has a legit battle mode, battle time can come back for a change up.

Smash is Tuesdays and like here it has another day Saturday.

So this works out for Smash and MK8.

To break down game nights here:

Smash: Tuesday and/or Saturday nights at 9pm EDT

MK8DX: Wednesday* and/or Thursday** nights at 10pm EDT

*Battle, WW or private room(s)*

** Tourney night

1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

Smash is Tuesdays and like here it has another day Saturday.

So this works out for Smash and MK8.

To break down game nights here:

Smash: Tuesday and/or Saturday nights at 9pm EDT

MK8DX: Wednesday* and/or Thursday** nights at 10pm EDT

*Battle, WW or private room(s)*

** Tourney night

Smash Saturdays has been dead for so long I haven't even bothered bumping the thread with theme ideas because no one was playing.

Just now, purple_beard said:

Is your body ready?

PB, don't start I was little sore losing in battle mode not salty and I got over it quickly I even congratulate you to for winning the last one before WW.

But yeah, I'm ready for some WW. I see surge is playing MK8DX right now, tho.