Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Thursday Night Throwdown! @ 10pm ET!

Surge135

I'll work on it again on Thursday. I have a ton of stuff to edit and making all these changes is taking me away from that.

I was trying to outline the text to make it easier to view since the gradient alone will make the words hard to see without it. But I don't want the outline to overpower everything. Just enough to see but not enough to blot it out. A middle ground.

It's just hard to do within paint.net since you need to use all these effects AFAIK to accomplish that. It's looked a bit ugly the times I tried.

I got some plugins for paint.net so I was able to get outlines for the words.

The idea that I came up with was inverting the red used for Ninfora for the light blue color of Thursday Night Throwdown. I outlined it in black and have a darker rainbow gradient behind that. This is the result.

Spoiler

1st Ninfora Logo Variant

KGHgPFS.png

7IJJbyc.png

2nd Ninfora Logo Variant

Smn1Rw2.png

s0nCr4l.png

I'm able to change the main color of Thursday Night Throwdown if this isn't to anyone's liking.

I dig it! TNT has an 80’s vibe with the colors, outline, and font. 😎 As for “Ninfora” I like the first one best. The second one is too dark. 

Oh, BTW, the gradient outline isn’t that noticeable when looking at the smaller thumbnail size (336 x 188). Maybe bump it up by 1 or 2..? Just a quick suggestion.

EDIT:

Just testing things out really quick (gradient outline size wise)...

Spoiler

Something like might be good....

eP7PrQn.png

*Text not sized correctly to fit the thumbnail

Edited by alienboyva

First my internet decides to f-up, right when the tourney starts. Then Bowser decides to trip over "The Cord" (Didn't you learn anything from Iwata and Reggie?) and most of us get DC'd. Then I keep getting slammed with items. ksad;

Despite all that, I still had fun. Good races! :) 

24 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Thank you Canadian Shaggy for the races.

Rank-Roo, Raggy!

nQWqcmX.png?1

Edited by alienboyva