Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Thursday Night Throwdown! @ 10pm ET!

Surge135

Are the people racing tonight? Remember that it'll be 200cc!

Links to each stream below (via Restream, YouTube is embedded)

Twitch- https://www.twitch.tv/tkrazyo/

Mixer- https://mixer.com/TKrazyO

Youtube-

I thought the logo could use a little touch up so I did a thing.

Spoiler

ykHYFdN.png

This isn't final but if you have any suggestions, throw them my way. Wanted to have the words big enough to see since I'll have to shrink the logo down for the thumbnails.

3 hours ago, avalonknight said:

The logo?

For "Ninfora": shrink it a bit, align it to match it alongside "Deluxe", add a border to it.

For "Thursday Night Throwdown", I'd shrink that down as well, and nudge it down a bit, make it single line if possible. Maybe make it red to match "Ninfora" and to set it apart from the game logo.

I spent the last hour on this since I have no clue how to make a border for letters. So I made an attempt.

The attempt w/ changes

Spoiler

iiZwTlO.png

How it would look on stream thumbnail:

GbR6V3t.png

Just to give an idea, the canvas is 1280x720. The MK8D Logo is touching the edges.

Just here to give my opinion...

Making Thursday Night Throwdow small, red, and on a single line makes it hard to read, especially on the thumbnail. I thought the way it was previously was better (2 lines & gradient), but needed to be a bit smaller and centered with the new smaller Ninfora text. 

Also, I can’t help but feel you should use the same font for Ninfora that’s on the site, since it is our logo after all, though using the MK font still looks really good. 

———————————————————

Unrelated to the logo...

I picked-up WAAAH!

Edited by alienboyva

I need a better place to put these. Makes it seem like I'm hogging the topic.

So I redid the Ninfora logo this morning before going to sleep. Thursday Night Throwdown I just finished about 10 minutes ago.

Spoiler

3uiCYNy.png

Concerning the "Ninfora" logos, I might go with the first one for main themes while the 2nd is for darker themes. As for "Thursday Night Throwdown" I wanted to keep that font as it was used for Tournament in the previous logo. The first shadow's colors are the more saturated colors from the 8 in a gradient from right to left and a blurred black shadow going to the left. If the main color is a problem for that let me know which color would work better. 

I can lower TNT a little but that's the biggest I can make it without making the font smaller. I'm trying to have it big enough to be readable but able to fit in the middle on the left side of the thumbnail.

@alienboyva @avalonknight

Oof. The single line suggestion didn't work out as I thought, so good that it's changed back. I think it's starting to come together better. I think the gap that is between "TNT" can be tightened a bit if you want to make it a tad larger, but keep the overall dimensions of the logo. Or play around with it and make "Throwdown" larger while keeping "Thursday Night" the same.

I like it! Though, if possible, can you increase the size of the gradient outline on TNT? Maybe about the size of the online in Deluxe or what ever looks good (might have to move throwdown down a bit after doing this)..? I feel it would make TNT stand out more when looking at the smaller thumbnail on your YT channel and in the recommended section on videos.

Edited by alienboyva

The first one is good. The gradient on the letters in the 2nd blends with the BG a bit (It might be where its placed).

BTW, if you want to add a black outline....

1. Outline the text in black
  2. Outline the black outline with the gradient outline

*If you want the black outline around the gradient outline, start with the gradient outline first

**If you can't get it to add 2 outlines for whatever reason, merge the layer with TNT outlined once with a new transparent layer and then add the second outline.

Edited by alienboyva