Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Thursday Night Throwdown! @ 10pm ET!

Surge135

Too bad @TKrazyO and @Kezay where having technical issues tonight and didn't get to race. :(  Though, you guys probably didn't want to race tonight anyway, given ML Alvaro and his clan-mate were teaming. ML Ghost was protecting ML Alvaro so he could come in first (so many red/green shells being shot back in 2nd & 3rd). >:(

Yeah, we don't play that here! No, sir! Seriously, I don't get why they do this. Why come to a random little Nintendo community's weekly Mario Kart night to do this? If you're going to play like this go join a pro MK tourney or something. We're all here just to have fun and they were ruining it for us. I don't blame ya' for leaving, @Surge135. Luckily I was in the back most of the time, so I didn't get too many shells fired back at me.

Edited by alienboyva

Maybe this is the only time I was okay with the constant disconnects (I think that was a record too), because that meant I could spectate, and geez, those two were ugly, and can attest to seeing them do the same teaming tactics (such as even if one of them was second, they will throw the shell back to protect their friend in first). Hopefully next week is better.

ADD-ON: Actually, in another way, it's a shame that KrazyO and Kezay were in the race and streaming, because if they are in a clan, if one of the rules involving teaming and smurfing (they were using different Miis in the race itself) being not allowed, they may have been caught here with some evidence.

Edited by avalonknight

My understanding is that there is no outright rules against teaming or 'smurfing' in the tourney, particularly the latter since we have done various themes where we all choose to race as a specific Mii (first one I can think of off hand is Reggie Fils-Aimé to celebrate his career with Nintendo and his retirement that week). And while there arent exactly written rules about teaming in the tourney, i think the general consensus from those that play frequently is that teaming takes the fun out of playing and thus is not approved.

22 minutes ago, Surge135 said:

My understanding is that there is no outright rules against teaming or 'smurfing' in the tourney, particularly the latter since we have done various themes where we all choose to race as a specific Mii (first one I can think of off hand is Reggie Fils-Aimé to celebrate his career with Nintendo and his retirement that week). And while there arent exactly written rules about teaming in the tourney, i think the general consensus from those that play frequently is that teaming takes the fun out of playing and thus is not approved.

Ah, I was referring more on their clan's rules or code of conduct, if they have something like that.

3 minutes ago, avalonknight said:

Ah, I was referring more on their clan's rules or code of conduct, if they have something like that.

Ahh. No, from the time I spent researching clans several years ago, there is generally no rules or code of conduct like that. In fact, many have alternate Miis and names without their clan tags to make it harder for 'anti-clan' players from finding them easily and targetting them.

Those that would like to watch and support me today at Youmacon and the Youmacon Battle Opera tournament, you can catch the MK8D stream on one of these three streams (I don't know which one will have the races as there are two other tournaments going on as well, Puyo-Puyo Tetris and Catherine: Full Body).

Can confirm it is going on at twitch.tv/gooshigaming

Welp, didn't even make it out of the first round. Extremely disappointed when I felt I could have done much better. Item luck just wasn't there, especially when I was not in first when I needed it the most.

Edited by Surge135

I'm gonna try to get online tonight but our internet is a bit wonky right now. Upload and download speeds look good according to tech support over the phone but the ping is apparently atrocious. So while Netflix and Hulu aren't working, somehow Amazon Prime Video and YouTube seem to work fine. I havent tried going online on Switch yet so that's kind of up in the air right now.

Wanted to have this up yesterday but with how the new uploader works on the browser I upload on (shouldn't have minimized the window) it didn't get past 33% and stopped. Anyway, here is the tournament from last week. The comm is pretty noisy because of background noise/sensitive mics from other players.

Here's the link to the stream on Youtube. It will also be on Twitch and Mixer!

Spoiler