Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Thursday Night Throwdown! @ 10pm ET!

Surge135

The results

Tonight was pretty fun. I think losing a lot of races got me talking more. Not sure if that's a good thing. Also, sorry about the coughing. Starting off the week with a sore throat going into a stuffed nose is not something I like, considering I work in fast food.

@DLurkster I'll take that game suggestion into consideration. Might do something in October for it (depending on game releases) but I have to get the backlog done with. I haven't played too much of the series. Mainly watched my brother play the games.

PB hasn't asked this in awhile but this seems worth while to ask now.

Is anyone up for WW races after our farewell to Reggie tourney? With the day afterwards being Good Friday most won't have work the next so this seems like great time to ask if anyone wants to stick around a little while longer for some WW races.

Get your bodies ready! It's time to kick ass, take names, and race in some games, as we say farewell to everyone's favorite corporate president, Reggie Fils-Aimé of NOA.

The beset way to get a Reggie mii on your Switch is to transfer one via an amiibo. To do this, scan the QR code below on your 3DS or Wii U and save the mii. Then grab an amiibo and register Reggie as the owner. Next got to the mii settings on Switch and choose copy from amiibo. Finally boot up MK8DX and in the settings, change your Mii to Reggie (don't for get to switch back to your mii afterwards ;) ) Also since MK8 uses your mii's name as your name, it might be a good idea to change to Reggie's name to your name, so we know who is who, especially for the standings. Unless you guys want everyone to be named Reggie..? In that case, Reggie automatically wins! ...and every place below.

*Even though this is a Tomodachi Life QR code, this should work in the Mii Maker on 3DS/Wii U 

Just posting this now so everyone has a chance to get a Reggie mii ready for tomorrow.

Edited by alienboyva

I was actually going to ask where we could get a Reggie Mii. Coming through again, AB!

What was I here for again? New question. Is there anything N64 specific you guys would like me to do with the video for last week's Tournament? I was gonna start editing it once I get home from work.

1 hour ago, The Krazy One said:

I was actually going to ask where we could get a Reggie Mii. Coming through again, AB!

What was I here for again? New question. Is there anything N64 specific you guys would like me to do with the video for last week's Tournament? I was gonna start editing it once I get home from work.

Not much I can think of except the thumbnail, but we already have that covered.

Edit: Oh!...Wait! I'm, not sure if this would be possible, but maybe add a N64 style filter, kinda like the N64 filter in Yooka-Laylee?  IDK, maybe add some scan lines, change the lighting, etc. Just make it look like the footage from a crappy old CRT. ...Or maybe you could just use a VHS filter so it's like how you would have recorded it back in the day...?

Edited by alienboyva

So because of a combination of things (Kirby vid not being uploaded on time and just being tired by the time I wanted to start editing), I was only able to do Surge's suggestion. Would've done AB's  but I wouldn't be able to test the look while watching the entire preview since rendering slows it down. Plus I started editing at 5am and just finished exporting it an hour ago.

So hopefully the same problem that happened with Kirby won't happen with Mario Kart and it'll be uploaded by the time I get home and be published at 5pm.