Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Thursday Night Throwdown! @ 10pm ET!

Surge135

Well there was online maintenance for Smash Ultimate right before Piranha Plant was released via update. The maintenance was supposed to last up 10:30pm but I actually monitored when online was accessible and it was sometime around 9pm.

So we could get lucky again and the maintenance may finish before 10pm. I check and let you guys know if not tomorrow night will only be....half as fun.

1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

Well there was online maintenance for Smash Ultimate right before Piranha Plant was released via update. The maintenance was supposed to last up 10:30pm but I actually monitored when online was accessible and it was sometime around 9pm.

So we could get lucky again and the maintenance may finish before 10pm. I check and let you guys know if not tomorrow night will only be....half as fun.

I just checked Nintendo's site and it no longer shows maintenance scheduled for the online play of some Switch software.

Link: https://www.nintendo.com/consumer/network/en_na/network_status.jsp

So, I take it it's no longer happening tomorrow...? I guess we should just continue with our regularly secluded MK night and see what happens.  

Edited by alienboyva

@alienboyva & @The Krazy One: Strange but I guess it makes sense for such random maintenance to disappear like that. Also, I do recall either one time or another we played thru maintenance but I think that is more what I mentioned happened with Piranha Plant situation with Smash Ultimate, the maintenance ended early or whatever.

So we hopefully should be good for tonigh.

51 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Race as Reggie Miis?  LOL

I was gonna ask the but no disrespect, the announcement of his retirement just happened today. Don't you think it makes more sense to ride as Reggie either days before or after his retirement officially? I just sayin'.

Don't mind if do but maybe I'll be Bowser tonight, I don't know

I'd be down for racing as Reggie, but there's now way to import miis to the Switch. Instead, you'd have to create a Reggie mii form scratch. :( 

Wait, Wait!...Now that I think of it, you can import a mii from an amiibo. Though, that would require...

1.  Scanning a QR code (if you don't have a Reggie mii) on 3DS/Wii U
  2. In amiibo settings on 3DS/Wii U, set owner of an amiibo to Reggie mii
  3.  import that mii to the Switch via that amiibo.

I'm not sure if it's worth all the hassle.

Yeah...Since Nintendo half-assed the Mii Maker compared to Wii/3DS/Wii U and burred it under system settings, it really seems they want miis to die and only added a Mii Maker on Switch for amiibo, MK8, and SSB compatibility. 

53 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

I was gonna ask the but no disrespect, the announcement of his retirement just happened today. Don't you think it makes more sense to ride as Reggie either days before or after his retirement officially? I just sayin'.

Don't mind if do but maybe I'll be Bowser tonight, I don't know

12 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

I'd be down for racing as Reggie, but there's now way to import miis to the Switch. Instead, you'd have to create a Reggie mii form scratch. :( 

Wait, Wait!...Now that I think of it, you can import a mii from an amiibo. Though, that would require...

1.  Scanning a QR code (if you don't have a Reggie mii) on 3DS/Wii U
  2. In amiibo settings on 3DS/Wii U, set owner of an amiibo to Reggie mii
  3.  import that mii to the Switch via that amiibo.

I'm not sure if it's worth all the hassle.

Yeah...Since Nintendo half-assed the Mii Maker compared to Wii/3DS/Wii U and burred it under system settings, it really seems they want miis to die and only added a Mii Maker on Switch for amiibo, MK8, and SSB compatibility. 

So go Bowsers for Bowser?

Regular, Dry, or Junior?

2 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Regular, Dry, or Junior?

This is a very good question.

As I mentioned with Reggie's announcement of retirement, Doug isn't president on the same day. So why go full Bowser now. I'd say go Bowser Jr. but seeing that ppl most likely play what they want, play as any Bowser but when the day approach for Reggie's retire, we all play as Reggie

So when that day come and there's DC, do we say; 'Doug dat cord' or 'Bowser dat cord?'

Also, I'm sure online is working but I'm gonna go online to see if we're ready to tonight.

7 minutes ago, DLurkster said:
13 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Regular, Dry, or Junior?

This is a very good question.

As I mentioned with Reggie's announcement of retirement, Doug isn't president on the same day. So why go full Bowser now. I'd say go Bowser Jr. but seeing that ppl most likely play what they want, play as any Bowser but when the day approach for Reggie's retire, we all play as Reggie

So when that day come and there's DC, do we say; 'Doug dat cord' or 'Bowser dat cord?'

Also, I'm sure online is working but I'm gonna go online to see if we're ready to tonight.

Alright! So, Bowser family tonight and Reggie when he actually leaves in April?

Yeah..If this was brought up sooner, maybe we could have done the Reggie Mii theme tonight.

Edited by alienboyva
4 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Alright! So, Bowser family tonight and Reggie when he actually leaves in April?

Yeah..If this was brought up sooner, maybe we could have done the Reggie Mii theme tonight.

Yeah, Reggie for April. I completely forgot we got though those methods to get a Reggie Mii.

I just went online of MK8DX and we are go for online! And apparently all my controllers that wireless are dead so I'll be using GC controller tonight.

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

@alienboyva   Found some Reggie miis.

http://www.miicharacters.com/?_form=searchform&terms=Reggie+Fils-Aime&search=Find+Miis&searchfields[]=n&searchfields[]=t

So glad this place is still there. I liked to use it for celeb miis and stuff for fun.

Thanks. This should be helpful for those that don't have one.

I have one I can grab from my Tomodach Life game. ;)