Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Thursday Night Throwdown! @ 10pm ET!

Surge135

2 minutes ago, The Krazy One said:

@DLurkster @alienboyva @purple_beard @Koari @ArmoredFrog@Surge135

Just tagging the few that play and post on the forums (though not all the time) for a question.

Would anyone that plays tomorrow night in the tourney like to use Discord to VC? Skeptical for DL cause his mic sucks on his laptop (I read things). I'm able to incorporate it into the weekly tournament streams if possible. It'll also be the first tournament of 2019!

Hmm, that's okay to share that but let me suggest this: why don't I use Discord VC on my phone or this doesn't change anything because it is no different using the Nintendo Online App using VC?

Let me know if this makes a difference or not.

1 minute ago, DLurkster said:

Hmm, that's okay to share that but let me suggest this: why don't I use Discord VC on my phone or this doesn't change anything because it is no different using the Nintendo Online App using VC?

Let me know if this makes a difference or not.

As long as we can hear you it should be all good. Shouldn't be a problem since we don't have volume problems with the NSO app.

34 minutes ago, The Krazy One said:

@DLurkster @alienboyva @purple_beard @Koari @ArmoredFrog@Surge135

Just tagging the few that play and post on the forums (though not all the time) for a question.

Would anyone that plays tomorrow night in the tourney like to use Discord to VC? Skeptical for DL cause his mic sucks on his laptop (I read things). I'm able to incorporate it into the weekly tournament streams if possible. It'll also be the first tournament of 2019!

We were using that but then people jumped to no Voice or the App so....

19 hours ago, purple_beard said:

We were using that but then people jumped to no Voice or the App so....

I stopped using it because of the lack of people on it. I'm bringing it back up now cause I'd like to try to incorporate it into the streams and eventually the videos. It could be a disaster cause I've never streamed with it on before.

Anyway, here is the last tournament from 2018:

34 minutes ago, Surge135 said:

I don't mind using Discord to VC

I am hoping to be back online next week after successfully moving into a new place last week. I'd be online sooner if I didn't have to wait a week for the technician to come in and set up the modem.

Why would you need them to set it up?

plug it in, connect (cable?) to modem, modem to router, ethernet cables/ wifi connections from there  I mean, there shouldn't be any special activation needed if you are paying for internet already in your package and you have the modem and router with you now.

***Assuming they have the cable turned on at your place of course....

Edited by purple_beard
46 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Why would you need them to set it up?

plug it in, connect (cable?) to modem, modem to router, ethernet cables/ wifi connections from there  I mean, there shouldn't be any special activation needed if you are paying for internet already in your package and you have the modem and router with you now.

***Assuming they have the cable turned on at your place of course....

I do not have a modem, our last apartment the company supplied the modem for us with the internet package. Same thing applies here.

Also I assume they have to "turn it on" because it's an apartment complex and if it were just on it'd be costly to them.

1 minute ago, Surge135 said:

I do not have a modem, our last apartment the company supplied the modem for us with the internet package. Same thing applies here.

Also I assume they have to "turn it on" because it's an apartment complex and if it were just on it'd be costly to them.

Ok, that makes a little more sense.

@The Krazy One: That hurt. I think i mentioned it was 50th race in the discord chat, check for it there. I don't remember saying here or in the the VC for sure. Also, I really don't see how I could or anybody wouldn't mention it, that is such milestone number starting the year off like that is quite the honor.

Too bad for that VC in the vid, I'll await the day it will make its premier.

40 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Was he listening to Ride the Lightning as well?  

Anyone up for some post MK8 Smashing?  I close tomorrow so I can actually do it.

Tho, I'm off of work tomorrow. I gotta get up early tomorrow, when I'm back from being out we can hash things out tomorrow whenever you are free.