Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Thursday Night Throwdown! @ 10pm ET!

Surge135

Yeah, when there was a few ppl who only had MK8 for Wii u, the nights were on Wednesdays while the Switch owners is the typically Thursday. So once everybody now is playing MK8DX on Switch. The idea/plan was to play battle nights on Wednesdays. That was almost a year ago and for some reason those nights never came to be once the new year came about.

So battle night Wednesdays and tourney night Thursday?

Oh, and I'm on tonight.

Edited by DLurkster
On 11/8/2018 at 11:17 PM, The Krazy One said:

Since the tournament room was unavailable, we just did battle mode for the entire time. GGs

On 11/9/2018 at 12:50 AM, Kezay said:

Battle Mode was actually pretty fun to be honest.  I wouldn't mind if it was made a part of our usual routine if just to mix things up.  Especially because Renegade Roundup with just four players a bit barebones. :P

2 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Yeah, when there was a few ppl who only had MK8 for Wii u, the nights were on Wednesdays while the Switch owners is the typically Thursday. So once everybody now is playing MK8DX on Switch. The idea/plan was to play battle nights on Wednesdays. That was almost a year ago and for some reason those nights never came to be once the new year came about.

So battle night Wednesdays and tourney night Thursday?

Oh, and I'm on tonight.

1 hour ago, The Krazy One said:

Around what time would the battles be?

Well, technically we used to try for friend room stuff post tournament and that was where mirror and battle came up the most.

Right now, 200cc is the __ Thursday of the month so....

I'd be down for a 2nd night of MK8 stuff as I love the game and the battle mode online for it.  However, to make battles worth it you really need a solid roster of 8 humans unless you want to always use AI to fill out the gaps.

But, Smash Tuesdays, and if Smash Ultimate takes off, Smash Saturdays could make a return....

Did the times get fixed for this week?

8 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

@purple_beardWhat was the time we did battle on Wednesday nights, was it for an hour at 9pm or was an hour at 10pm. My memory telling me it was 9pm.

It never was....

It was MK7 Tuesday and MK8 Thursday and Smash on Wednesday and Saturday.

Any battles were after the tourney ended at 11pm.  But no one has really hung around post tourney to bother with battling on a regular basis so...

3 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

It never was....

It was MK7 Tuesday and MK8 Thursday and Smash on Wednesday and Saturday.

Any battles were after the tourney ended at 11pm.  But no one has really hung around post tourney to bother with battling on a regular basis so...

I recall the after party but I swear when I got MK8DX last December along with Alienboyva we played a battle mode on a Wednesday night before his official debut the next night.

We did that for a couple weeks in December on Wednesday nights, then it just stop by new year. I just can't remember the time.

1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

I recall the after party but I swear when I got MK8DX last December along with Alienboyva we played a battle mode on a Wednesday night before his official debut the next night.

We did that for a couple weeks in December on Wednesday nights, then it just stop by new year. I just can't remember the time.

Yeah, I remember that and having a separate night on Wed. for MK8DX, since not every had the game or a Switch. As for battles, I wound't mind the 3rd Thursday of the month being battle night. This would be great for those who want to do battles and it also wouldn't interfere with other game nights.

BTW, MK7 was on Monday nights at 10pm ET. ;) 

6 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Yeah, I remember that and having a separate night on Wed. for MK8DX, since not every had the game or a Switch. As for battles, I wound't mind the 3rd Thursday of the month being battle night. This would be great for those who want to do battles and it also wouldn't interfere with other game nights.

BTW, MK7 was on Monday nights at 10pm ET. ;) 

That's not a bad idea but I actually want 200c to still be last Thursday of the month, if it is not too much trouble could battle nights be every 2nd Thursday of the month. If not we can do battles on Wednesday at 10pm for hour.

1 minute ago, DLurkster said:

That's not a bad idea but I actually want 200c to still be last Thursday of the month, if it is not too much trouble could battle nights be every 2nd Thursday of the month. If not we can do battles on Wednesday at 10pm for hour.

2nd Thurs. of the month is fine with me...That is, if everyone doesn't want a separate night for battles.

The reason I suggested the 2nd Thursday is to space out the events of the month between racing, battles, racing, 200cc.

Doing racing, racing, battles and then 200cc seem little slanted even wise break apart the events with racing between. That's just my thinking.

Tho, if last week was any indication with daylight savings, changing the tourney every other week is not hard to do, it's just remember to make the change. Like there's been a few time (not a lot) where the races weren't changed to 200cc or 200cc was left on beyond the week. So it it is too much trouble to change every other week then battles on Wednesday may be the better alternative.

I flubbed my first few races HARD so I was dragging badly early on.  Also had at least three people drop some well placed bombs to defend against red shell attacks and I ran right into the blast.  Pretty sure it was DL, Surge and one other person I can't quite remember who.  Good races though!

Last week's tournament video is scheduled to be up at around 4pm EST. I'll post it here an hour afterwards.

In other news, will anyone be around to play tonight? I know people will either be working (my brother) or doing some Black Friday shopping. This is just a heads up to see who might play tonight.