Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Thursday Night Throwdown! @ 10pm ET!

Surge135

Very rough races for me Thursday night but still had a lot of fun.  Got nailed by some really on point shots and screwed up a couple of potential sure fire 1st place wins by not reacting fast enough to attacks from the rear.  But it was good stuff and the turnout was really nice.

GoldCrono was just killing it, even though there were others that nabbed first place he was already seemingly too far out of reach halfway through unless you were already close in the standings like Krazy was.  I think the only reason my score ended up so high was because Surge dropped out a bit early.  He was my biggest foil for most of the tournament!

21 hours ago, Surge135 said:

Items screwed me over way too frequently for me to get any momentum and feel myself into a groove before more item nonsense knocked me down.

I kind of figured, especially after that one race where you got hit right at the finish line. I've had that one bad before, 3rd place and getting hit right at the finish and ended up in 7th and all my kart had to do was literally drive an inch to complete the race.  But nah...