Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Thursday Night Throwdown! @ 10pm ET!

Surge135

Good races. 👍

Yeah, the voice chat app worked great! Though, my game audio wasn't too loud, was it? I was playing in tabletop mode and using my iPhone headphones (mainly for the mic) with the app on my tablet. I turned it down a bit after Surge mentioned he could hear me a lot, even thought I wasn't talking.

Edited by alienboyva
1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

Still haven't put the app on my phone....  I'll text and drive tonight....

I hope you don't do that irl, tho.

6 minutes ago, alienboyva said:

Good races. 👍

Yeah, the voice chat app worked great! Though, my game audio wasn't too loud, was it? I was playing in tabletop mode and using my iPhone headphones (mainly for the mic) with the app on my tablet. I turned it down a bit after Surge mentioned he could hear me a lot, even thought I wasn't talking.

Yeah, I figured that background noise was your game audio. Nah, I don't think it was too loud if anything I got used to it. I guess I have PB to thank for that, lol.

I was more hearing your gameplay (specifically your Mii every time you would do a ramp trick or boosting) buts it's all good.

Also, yes, I was ousted for first place in the tournament for what feels like the first time in a long time. Items were not in my favor, and the extra speed made mushroom boosts past me on key corners/shortcuts a lot easier than normal. GGs everyone.

21 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Yeah, I figured that background noise was your game audio. Nah, I don't think it was too loud if anything I got used to it. I guess I have PB to thank for that, lol.

21 minutes ago, Surge135 said:

I was more hearing your gameplay (specifically your Mii every time you would do a ramp trick or boosting) buts it's all good.

Hmmm...I had the audio down half way, but I guess that's something you can't avoid when playing handheld/tabletop mode and using the VC app.

Yeah, that's usually how I like to play Switch, because I don't really trust the dock with all the problems people have reported with it (scratching their system, system getting hot and bending, etc). I've already had the dock scratch my Switch a few days after launch, so... Also, I just like having the screen right there in front of me.

Edited by alienboyva
1 minute ago, alienboyva said:

Hmmm...I had the audio down half way, but I guess that's something you can't avoid when playing handheld/tabletop mode and using the VC app.

Yeah, that's usually how I like to play Switch, because I don't really trust the dock with all the problems people have reported with it (scratching their system, getting hot and bending, etc). I've already had the dock scratch my Switch a few days after launch, so... Also, I just like having the screen right there in front of me.

Oh understandable and don't blame if that happened. Hearing the Mii I knew it had to be you. Just wasn't used to hear Mii over VOIP much less when and where you're hearing it from.

We appreciate turning it down for those who asked for that but yeah, I got used to it after while.

2 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Oh understandable and don't blame if that happened. Hearing the Mii I knew it had to be you. Just wasn't used to hear Mii over VOIP much less when and where you're hearing it from.

We appreciate turning it down for those who asked for that but yeah, I got used to it after while.

It didn't show that any sound was coming from me in the app when I wasn't talking, so I figured I had it down enough to where nobody could hear it. Maybe that mic on the Apple EarPods is better that I thought...? :P 

8 hours ago, The Krazy One said:

I'm fine with another Mega Man themed night.

Here's last week's tournament.

Since you asked how to record the voice chat...

*Note* This requires recording the VC separately  

What you'll need:

Steps:

Wired Headset

1. Plug splitter into headphone jack on mobile device
  2. Plug aux cable into splitter
  3. Plug the other end of aux cable into line-in /mic jack on computer
  4. Plug headset into splitter
  5. Start voice chat on NSO app
  6. Open Audacity and record from line-in/mic jack (there should be a drop down menu next to a mic icon were you can select where to record from)
  7. When finished, stop recording and export as mp3

Bluetooth Headset (?)

1. Plug aux cable into headphone jack on mobile device
  2. Plug the other end of aux cable into line-in /mic jack on computer
  3. Connect Bluetooth headset to mobile device
  4. Start voice chat on NSO app
  5. Open Audacity and record from line-in/mic jack (there should be a drop down menu next to a mic icon were you can select where to record from)
  6. When finished, stop recording and export as mp3

You might want want to do some tests first to make sure the recording isn't to loud (clipping) or to low (just, do some WW races using the app). There should be a slider next to a mic icon where you can adjust the recording volume. Oh...I should also mention, that if you want to actually use the app while recording, you will need one of those headphone jack splitters so you can also plug in your headset (If you don't have a Bluetooth headset). :P 

*If the mic on your wired headset isn't working you may need a splitter like THIS. Notice how it has 3 rings on the plug...

WREt6aZ.png?1

1 ring = mono

2 rings = stereo

3 rings = stereo with mic support

**If no audio is being recorded when using a Bluetooth headset, then you'll have to use a wired headset. I know when you connect Bluetooth headphones it disables the audio from the headphone jack (I've noticed this on my tablet when playing music and connecting my Bluetooth headphones while my wired headphones are still plugged in), so it might be the same with a Bluetooth headset (may or may not depend on your mobile device).

***Just so you know, I haven't actually tried this myself, but in theory this should work for recording and using the app at the same time.

Edited by alienboyva
Forgot to mention how to use the app while recording.

@The Krazy One I don't think there's another way unless you have a way to directly capture video/audio from you mobile device. I pretty sure all those screen recorder apps don't record audio, so your device would need to support video out, which you could hook up via the micro USB and a mini/micro HDMI adapter & the appropriate HDMI cable. Now that I think of it....If you have a Chromecast you can cast your phone screen/audio to your TV and record that way. Though, this would require a whole other capture card setup.

Yeah, I think the easiest way to go about this is going to be the way I suggested above.

We might have to start using discord again in that case. I'm not in the situation to be connected to my phone while my phone is charging (since the app kills the battery some) while also having a cord from my phone to the computer across (diagonally) from my bed. A hassle if Kezay is also playing. It wouldn't be as much of a hassle on discord but it won't be as much of one.