Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Thursday Night Throwdown! @ 10pm ET!

Surge135

I'm gonna use this pic before the results screen.

16 hours ago, alienboyva said:
Spoiler

e87rOGF.png

I had asked for some pics of Isabelle for the thumbnail but I ended up making the thumbnail afterwards. I did look at the pics you posted on Twitter and made another thumbnail using one of them.

Here's where you guys come in. Putting it to a vote. Which one should I use for next week's video?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.44ee6a2bf0e3bad40cf33f7eb5f54617.png

or

image.thumb.png.0854e643d95b456d85779b96aafe5848.png

The top one is mine and the other is from Twitter.

I can't choose! 😭 

Both of them are really good! I really like the first one, but the second one seems more fitting, since the theme was mainly for Isabelle announced for Smash.

I guess If I really had to to choose.... The first one. Though, that smile on Isabelle's face in the second one! ❤.

Edited by alienboyva
58 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Ah, PB lives another day. I guess the hurricane didn't you particular bad if you were able to play that night.

Me specifically, I had no power or service issues.  Some sections of town did.  Actually, all of the real damage has been south of me.  That said, run off upstream from our river could come down the river later and put some flooding into the area.

29 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Me specifically, I had no power or service issues.  Some sections of town did.  Actually, all of the real damage has been south of me.  That said, run off upstream from our river could come down the river later and put some flooding into the area.

Glad you're okay and keep an eye on that river. Sound dangerous.

1 minute ago, Kezay said:

PB just wanted to one up the Tornado Fortnite guy! :P

LOL....

Naw, its not like that at all....

Hurricane Floyd, Matthew, and a few others have actually put the hurt down in this area for me directly though...  If this one hadn't have weakened before it hit land and it had stayed on its course of going straight west instead of that southwest curl I am pretty sure my town would have gotten it a lot worse.

Oh, I'm sure.  Though we've been lucky to not get things that hard with the hurricanes we've been through (the worst has been a days long power outage from Floyd I believe) even in Jacksonville there was some structural damage especially from fallen trees and debris everywhere.  But nothing like when Irma basically flooded downtown Miami where the streets looked like rivers and even St. Augustine which is a bit closer had it pretty bad with the storm surge.  Hurricanes can definitely get chaotic.

21 hours ago, Surge135 said:

That shit is why I am perfectly comfortable up here in Michigan.

Meh...I'd prefer hurricanes than those winter snow storms with multiple feet of snow nearly all winter long....  you can have that!

DON'T FORGET THAT UNLESS YOU DO THE FREE TRIAL FOR THIS WEEK, YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE NSO TO PLAY MK8 THIS WEEK AS THE SERVICE STARTS THE 18TH AND THURSDAY IS THE 20TH.

12 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

Meh...I'd prefer hurricanes than those winter snow storms with multiple feet of snow nearly all winter long....  you can have that!

DON'T FORGET THAT UNLESS YOU DO THE FREE TRIAL FOR THIS WEEK, YOU WILL NEED TO HAVE NSO TO PLAY MK8 THIS WEEK AS THE SERVICE STARTS THE 18TH AND THURSDAY IS THE 20TH.

I not gonna start my free trial until Thurs., as I don't plan on playing online until then. I wanna get the most out of it.

Wait, you have to sign up by Tuesday or whenever you going play online multiplayer? I thought there was a a week trail starting this Tuesday after the eShop being down and the firmware update.

Regardless, me and PB play Smash Wii U on Tuesday nights. We normally finish around 11pm. (which is the same time one can access back the eShop, purchase your memmbership and update system) I've been forgetful lately and though I won't be online for Switch on Tuesday, I'll online in Wii U and be off as the update will come through on the Switch anyways, might as well get my membership then.

See you guys on the other side, we will see who makes it over, who ever does show up but that could because their busy. But we know the usual suspects, so if they don't show, we know what happened, right?

21 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Wait, you have to sign up by Tuesday or whenever you going play online multiplayer? I thought there was a a week trail starting this Tuesday after the eShop being down and the firmware update.

No,. when the service launches you can sign up whenever you like. Yes, there is a 7-day free trial starting when the service launches, which you can also start whenever. Though, I was gonna wait until Thurs. to start my free trial.

BTW, make sure you sign up before your trial is over or turn off auto-renew, because you'll get auto-charged for a 1-month subscription (that is, if you have the funds in your eShop account or have a saved payment method).

Edited by alienboyva
Just now, alienboyva said:

No,. when the service launches you can sign up whenever you like. Yes, there is a 7-day free trial starting when the service launches, which you can also start whenever. Though, I was gonna wait until Thurs. to start my free trial.

BTW, make sure you sign up before your trial is over or turn off auto-renew, because you'll get auto-charged for a 1 month subscription (that is if you have the funds in your eShop account or have a saved payment method).

Oh, seven trial day trial is anytime you sign up. Oh that makes sense, it's sort of like Netflix free month and cancel before you get charged monthly. Only difference is that the payment will be take by your preferred payment option. I see.

I knew about the auto charged, kinda funny they take the money out without letting you know the method it may it take from defaulting to monthly payment. But I feel they do that for two reasons. When you setup your eShop payment options, there's multitudes of ways you pay for your games, regardless of fund or multitude of method of payments, (this is why they must save Credit Card info and setup paypal) there's already methods of way to take payment when there's only one for Netflix. The 2nd reason about charging method, regardless of ones opinion on the paid online, taking $3.99 month when you're not paying attention is nothing when taking $20 for the year as it might not be much, (grand scheme of things) it is still a shock to take without notice after the trial.

So weird as those reasons are, there it is for me, at least.