Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Thursday Night Throwdown! @ 10pm ET!

Surge135

@TKrazyO: Yeah you and whoever have fun with MP on N64 EPO this Thursday! I decided I am gonna stick to Pokemon Scarlet that night. I've been wondering so much I am not probably half-way thru with only 3 badges, 2 titans and 2 boss badges. Right now I am just beating any lower level trainer with Pokemon I haven't fought with before tackling another something, something. Whether it be a gym, titan or boss before moving forward again.

Oh, I'm sure you guy are aware of the Black Friday sale on the e-Shop? I decided to get Indivisible. I have been waiting for that to go on sale. I might play little of that on Thursday, maybe?

Sorta weird thing to bring up but Christmas next month is on Sunday and has nothing to do with here as this Thursday night thread but speaking of MP for this Thursday. Depending on whatever the N64 game for next month, we should have another MP session sometime near Christmas, incase we run into a similar situation that we are low on players near the week to Christmas.

Edited by DLurkster
1 hour ago, TKrazyO said:

So the plan as far as I know is for a Mario Party session tomorrow night. No Mario Kart this week.

@purple_beard @Surge135 

@DLurkster <--Not sure if confirmed. Let me know.

If anyone else might be interested in playing tomorrow night, I'm thinking we start at around or after 9pm if possible. Let me know if that may be a problem. I will be streaming it. I also can't go all night since I work on Friday. So toss some updates when you can between now and tomorrow night.

N64 mp correct?

@purple_beard If you can't make 9 we can start at 10, but please read the posts that you quote for this information.

If there's one more person that might want to join us for Mario Party (N64 NSO App), let us know within the next few hours. I'm aiming for 9pm but that might be moved back to 10pm. I'll have my discord open if anyone wants to message me there.

2 hours ago, TKrazyO said:

@purple_beard If you can't make 9 we can start at 10, but please read the posts that you quote for this information.

If there's one more person that might want to join us for Mario Party (N64 NSO App), let us know within the next few hours. I'm aiming for 9pm but that might be moved back to 10pm. I'll have my discord open if anyone wants to message me there.

9 is fine.

So I don’t remember if I said it here or in another topic, but I finally decided to get NSO Expansion to get N64 games and MK8 DLX tracks. However I don’t think I’ll have as much of a stable connection on my Switch since I moved my router and modem closer to my PC in the other room; my Switch is no longer hard wired. Plus judging from how MK8 nights are EST and I’m on PST, Im thinking that wouldn’t be ideal for connections. 

3 hours ago, The Albraskan said:

So I don’t remember if I said it here or in another topic, but I finally decided to get NSO Expansion to get N64 games and MK8 DLX tracks. However I don’t think I’ll have as much of a stable connection on my Switch since I moved my router and modem closer to my PC in the other room; my Switch is no longer hard wired. Plus judging from how MK8 nights are EST and I’m on PST, Im thinking that wouldn’t be ideal for connections. 

We've had west coaster's in Smash and its worked fine.  Do other devices in the house have connection issues once you moved your router?  I mean, yeah the hardwired probably does run more consistent but...  

31 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

I'd almost want to have a go Wednesday night when the DLC drops for the Expansion Pass.

Almost want to have a go?

You said this in YOUR own MK8DX DLC thread:

On 11/25/2022 at 10:57 PM, purple_beard said:

Yeah, they could go live at 12am or 7-9pm depending on how Nintendo rolls.  Might have to wait till they give the time window.

How's this going? I'm still up for Wednesday night. As I mentioned this is rare for me as I like to earn as many 3 stars offline in single player before going online but as I mentioned in that thread and here, Thursday night is when the game awards will be on so in make due for that I can play the DLC Wednesday night.

Tho, I've heard that the game awards will be 2hrs long this year so if it finishes around 10p, (like maybe before 10:20pm) I could hop on to MK8DX night. We'll see.

26 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Almost want to have a go?

You said this in YOUR own MK8DX DLC thread:

How's this going? I'm still up for Wednesday night. As I mentioned this is rare for me as I like to earn as many 3 stars offline in single player before going online but as I mentioned in that thread and here, Thursday night is when the game awards will be on so in make due for that I can play the DLC Wednesday night.

Tho, I've heard that the game awards will be 2hrs long this year so if it finishes around 10p, (like maybe before 10:20pm) I could hop on to MK8DX night. We'll see.

Depending on when it hits.... I could be doing some Christmas ornament hanging... but also could be done by... so...

I am interested if it falls at a good time in other words.

So I was thinking more on the custom items thing.....

Why don't we do every other first Thursday of the month (the Thursday where we have mirror mode on) and go in rotation by very first tourney member. In this case meaning, Surge who created this tourney would chose what items he wants to customize that Thursday, the next would be I don't know alienboyava, then PB, Kezay, Krazy, DL, CTK, Hyena and whoever was new after Hyena. Hard to keep track much less what I mentioned was by oldest member order. Once we cycle thru all the members it's back to Surge and we start all over again. Does anyone follow this?

So it would go like this for example:

Thursday February 2, 2023 is mirror mode and starting with the first member Surge, let's say he goes only mushroom only.

Next up on Thursday April 6 2023 is alienboyva for mirror mode and let's say he goes for bananas only.

Just keep going like that every other month and repeat custom items are alright too, till we go back to Surge and start all over again.

Hopefully that was clear. Anyone let me know if this makes sense and is a cool idea to go for?