Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Thursday Night Throwdown! @ 10pm ET!

Surge135

@Ithrak Utopia We've had randoms join before that were usually in a clan and had the same thing happen with them dominating. Don't worry about what happened on Grumble Volcano, @Surge135 was throwing to get the magic number before he left. Their domination and how the races were going was likely the reason. I was feeling the same way but was trying to hold back not to scare them off.

They were able to get in since I had the code on the screen for a full minute before we joined in. Didn't even have the "Playing with Viewers" tag for the stream.

I usually get like that on chat when I'm not having a good time. Mainly firing back at @Kezay. It's supposed to be fun but certain things happen that take the fun out of it. I don't have to win every race. I can get screwed over plenty of times if the races were right. But when it gets to the point where one person flat out dominates to the point that NO ONE can get the items to slow them down, I see that as a problem. It's not a competitive atmosphere to the point of them making us better, it's us fighting for 2nd. It was similar to the last Smashdown that @DLurkster, @purple_beard and I were a part of.

36 minutes ago, TKrazyO said:

@Ithrak Utopia We've had randoms join before that were usually in a clan and had the same thing happen with them dominating. Don't worry about what happened on Grumble Volcano, @Surge135 was throwing to get the magic number before he left. Their domination and how the races were going was likely the reason. I was feeling the same way but was trying to hold back not to scare them off.

They were able to get in since I had the code on the screen for a full minute before we joined in. Didn't even have the "Playing with Viewers" tag for the stream.

I usually get like that on chat when I'm not having a good time. Mainly firing back at @Kezay. It's supposed to be fun but certain things happen that take the fun out of it. I don't have to win every race. I can get screwed over plenty of times if the races were right. But when it gets to the point where one person flat out dominates to the point that NO ONE can get the items to slow them down, I see that as a problem. It's not a competitive atmosphere to the point of them making us better, it's us fighting for 2nd. It was similar to the last Smashdown that @DLurkster, @purple_beard and I were a part of.

Don't remind me, of that Krazy, of the last Smashdown. I'd would say that is the first time you actually scared me but like you said above I kept t o myself and kept quiet and not comment on are you are okay.

I've come to terms to thru the Smashdown, almost no mater how the night goes I accept what happens and is just game. I do that more with MK8DX as we talk more there than Smash. To some talking so much can distract ppl from playing optimally. I haven't figure out if that is the case for me but like MK8, I play Smash for fun no matter what happens and if I have fun that of course that is important. It's one thing it is your fault why you played trashed, I'll be upset but someone like yesterday or what happened in the last Smashdown to you, you did your best and the trash stuff that happened wasn't fully your fault but wrong time and wrong place with the opponents you face.

I hopefully, I am not out place or off in saying how one feels when they make mistakes or you happen to be in situation that just didn't work despite doing all that you can. That's how I handle to me. Just providing my perspective, if that helps or not.

I didn't mind the random guy joining as I join these things for fun too. Of course, I too once joined as the random guy. Haha, reminds me of the time I joined the tournament for the second time. I can still recall DL going "Oh-no. That Hyena guy is back!"

13 hours ago, Kezay said:

All I'm going to say, I'm glad I join these things just for fun.  Gaming is my outlet to de-stress and be in a space where I can enjoy myself.  There's enough going on with real life matters that I don't need to also bring that energy into what is essentially my "happy space".

Is it really de-stressing if I'm there hunting everyone with my portable Bob-omb factory? heehee;

On 5/27/2022 at 11:45 AM, TKrazyO said:

I didn't mind having a random player dominate. I was more curious who they were than irritated with them. My irritation was with myself performing worse than before in the maddening 200cc, but generally with 200cc I do try to come into a session knowing it'll be a bit of train wreck. I think the only tracks I really care to do well on are the Booster Pack tracks, especially Shroom Ridge. 

Edited by Ithrak Utopia

When I was lazily getting the pic for the thumbnail of the video, I noticed something weird on Thwomp Ruins. So when CouRage would go off the ramp then hit the hover ramp it would multi-boost as you'll see in the clip. It seemed weird to me so I checked a bunch of other races. It happens near the end of the 2nd lap on Grumble Volcano and when he goes over a boost pad on Mute City. If anyone else can check these three races in MKTV from his perspective and see if it occurs for them, let me know.

The video will be up by 2pm Eastern, Memorial Day. Won't be up in this topic until after 5 cause I work.

@TKrazyO I do have that occur on Thwomp Ruins at the glider ramp and at the glider ramp on Grumble Volcano. There's also a part of that first lap near the end where I think I'm seeing multiple mini-turbo boosts. It's after CouRage lands from a jump around the time their banana is taken by a red shell. This could be a visual bug for the replay, but considering how far ahead they usually were, I wouldn't be surprised if this is an advanced technique within the game. Regardless, it's the first I've seen anything like that. 

I may or may not be on... if I show, I show,  having to prep up laptop and camera gear before shooting tomorrow and not sure how long its going to take to clear cards, copy/paste to hard drives ect, and gear check and making sure I have a change of clothes.... from work to the other work LOL.

Bowser Jr. just got back from the doctor's and I'm sad to report he suffered two fractured shell spines, a concussion and, worst of all, a bruised ego after the disturbing incident that took place on the final lap of Shroom Ridge Thursday evening. He will be out next week to recover. His step momma, Pink Gold Peach, is not happy about what happened to her little man. She is planning to join next week's races and will be dedicating her shoddy driving to Junior's speedy recovery.