Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Thursday Night Throwdown! @ 10pm ET!

Surge135

Oh, I forgot MK8 DX is 5 yrs old now! Mostly everyone knows it re-release in 2017 but specifically on April 28th, that's a maybe.

For me for MK8 DX and the Switch it not even 5 year old, I got the game and the system along with special edition of BotW in October 2017. So to me the 5 years not hitting me is for real.

Something cool I noticed about the King Boo Mii racing outfit in Mario Kart Tour...

I hope we get new amiibo outfits in future DLC wave updates. I'd love to see some of these from MKT come over to the mainline game. At least, the ones the have amiibo, like Boo, for example.

1 hour ago, alienboyva said:

Did you get this amiibo recently?

I forget when I got mine but I know it was when these first launch. I had no interest in getting the boo amiibo till learned it glowed in the dark. Probably the only amiibo I haven't used in any game. Which I know there's specific use for some amiibo in some games and most are for very generic use. I really can't think of a game it had a useful use for outside using it in game that allowed amiibo use in general.

16 hours ago, DLurkster said:

Did you get this amiibo recently?

I forget when I got mine but I know it was when these first launch. I had no interest in getting the boo amiibo till learned it glowed in the dark. Probably the only amiibo I haven't used in any game. Which I know there's specific use for some amiibo in some games and most are for very generic use. I really can't think of a game it had a useful use for outside using it in game that allowed amiibo use in general.

No, I got back in 2016.

(BTW you can't use amiibo in MKT)

Yeah, I don't recall the Boo amiibo having any specific uses. Apparently they didn't even use it for that free amiibo Mario Vs DK game on Wii U/3DS, which it would have been perfect for. I mean, they do I Mini Boos in the Luigi stages, but I guess having Boo as a playable character would make things too easy, since he can fly.

Edited by alienboyva
1 hour ago, alienboyva said:

No, I got back in 2016.

(BTW you can't use amiibo in MKT)

Yeah, I don't recall the Boo amiibo having any specific uses. Apparently they didn't even use it for that free amiibo Mario Vs DK game on Wii U/3DS, which it would have been perfect for. I mean, they do I Mini Boos in the Luigi stages, but I guess having Boo as a playable character would make things too easy, since he can fly.

Ah, I see.

Also, not surprised amiibo don't work on MKT, tho all smartphones have NFC in them for payment applications. 3rd party pro controllers most don't have HD rumble and amiibo functionality. And to get Nintendo IP on hardware they did not create with smartphone is counting our blessings so they won't somehow allow amiibo to be used thru smartphones to their game app to read or write data.

Ah, yes. I recall that free Mario vs DK game on those platforms. I thought you were gonna say that other free game that was on Wii U, I think it was called amiibo tap, where you tap any kind of amiibo and you get a small demo of the character from a classic like tapping Mario will gets you access to play for SMB for however long, I believe. I hopefully I'm not misremebering the game name and function. I'm sure it's close to that, they are other game not like the one I mentioned that can use any amiibo, like the the first party warrior games, recent FE games, Miitopia and I believe BotW too. Yes some of those require specific amiibo from their series but if you scan an amiibo not from their series you get like random item receive and not any specific related to the character amiibo. So this Boo amiibo had to have some use, even if it wasn't game specific.

I feel like I need to start talking during these sessions if I'm going to be on a Discord call. I'm usually worried about being too much and rubbing people the wrong way, and end up really dialing myself back. Tonight was a great time and good to be back on schedule after being away last Thursday. Those three yellow Yoshis foreshadowed Surge's 111pt dominance. 

16 hours ago, Ithrak Utopia said:

I feel like I need to start talking during these sessions if I'm going to be on a Discord call. I'm usually worried about being too much and rubbing people the wrong way, and end up really dialing myself back. Tonight was a great time and good to be back on schedule after being away last Thursday. Those three yellow Yoshis foreshadowed Surge's 111pt dominance. 

Not sure if I had anything to do with me not there last night  and you noticing you could/want to talk more. (I'm really not that self-adsorbed) I can be wordy guy in text and talkative in general once I get know ppl, otherwise I appear shy and reserved with ppl at first. (Observant, I would like to call myself when I am quiet) Not sure if that is the case with you, to warm up but if this feeling is something you know to be true to yourself, then speak up, if not go at the pace you want to till you want to speak more on Discord.

From the last few times I heard you, each time you raced with us, I have been hearing more so I would like to think your warming up to us. And lol sorry if it seems I'm taking your voice. I joke in all seriousness but just go at your own pace, you're comfortable with.

Huh, it took you guys 2 races to realize I wasn't there.  I bet if this were Hyena you guys would know right away, just guess I am not certain in this.

Sort of continuing my last post Utopia, I guess I never notice how the chatter in general starts off slow at the start besides always hearing Hyena almost every single time. I assume I am the same as Hyena, lol. But near 20 to 30 minutes in more than just comment response, even without topic question does more chatter happens. This time it was Fall Guys, and the N64 controller and AC amiibo cards. I used to no chatter or chatter, more so the former on Smash night where all concentration is on the match like 80% of the time.

@TKrazyO: As for your background noise question, I'm with everybody we don't hear much or sound that bad or different the usual when we heard noise like headphones down to me sound more like someone getting off a creaky bed vs the loud to us but not you candy throwing near the mic or ice knocking back and forth in a cup for example. No matter how OBS pick filters it, you can cancel background noise thru Discord you. For a couple examples, where I sit is under a vent, during the winters here is usually on and I hear no one comment on, I think that is background noise canceler in effect and only hear my voice, along when I type on my laptop keyboard as well I think. Another is when I was doing a test video call with my sister on Discord and my sis can hear me but not what I trying to show her in the background. Once I turned off background noise cancler, she can hear background noise besides my voice.

I thought the above would make you aware, what I hear and what can be done, whether or not OBS filters out with background noise cancler off.

Stayed off of Discord tonight as I've been dealing with a mild cold, but I'm very interested to see the video for this session and the conversations. I feel like we're about to be a part of a pro Mario Kart player vs. random tournament video. That Shroom Ridge race pissed me off, was set up in laps 2 and 3 to make a big push with 3 mushrooms for 1st and got screwed by the lightning both times in the same turn. 

Grumble Volcano was the worst of the night though, and made me realize no online Mario Kart experience can ever be perfect until they add "WHAT THE FUCK?!" as a preset. I never thought the race would end for a 200cc race from being too far behind...8th and 9th were still being decided between Surge and I. He probably would've passed me as I fell off as that premature finish message came up. Race could've gone on for another second or two....I'm also unsure if that was caused by the distance from 7th or 1st approaching the final section of the track (and the game making sure that a finished racer doesn't lap any active racers). 

Edited by Ithrak Utopia