Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Thursday Night Throwdown! @ 10pm ET!

Surge135

There's still time, as in time to watch this video of last week's events!

@DLurkster I know you did what you could with your mic settings when you upgraded but is there a mic boost option anywhere? This is you at 200% with the commentary higher than usual, even though the music I put in is loud in a few of the races.

Wow, compared to you guys, I do sound like a whisper most of time.

Okay, I tinkered with Discord settings but didn't restore settings. Discord say it support windows 7 and up. (not sure if that includes 11) So going by Discord recommendation of the mic, I turned off signal boost. (which I know Krazy asked if I can boost but it was already on and I don't if it was prior to update, that shouldn't matter as if it was on before the update there was no issue with my volume before) TBH, I tinkered with the test mic thru Windows with signal boost on and off and again with Discord and I don't hear that much of difference with signal boost on or off. Not like when it was first brought to my attention since the update and I did initial tinkering and I heard how louder I was before and heard what you guys were saying I am low. As I said not so much now diving deeper into this.

Time will tell when I actual get back on voices these recent change made a difference. Tho week before Christmas in Smash, PB said I was low again, I disconnect from voice and came back and he said I sounded better. That was just the initial change after I was told I was low, no other changes, that and not from Discord side or this computer, PB turn the volume on his headset and he can also hear me better as well.

So it comes down to 3 things, 2 what other can for me and the one part on mine. With the exception of Krazy in some cases turn me up on Discord 200%; whatever device you using to chat turn that up if possible. And for myself, I have done as much I can over and over again with setting in Discord and my laptop, all I can do is disconnect from voice and come back.

The paragraph above is what anyone should focus on, anything above that is my process in trying see what is going on with my sound. That's all I ask before I hear anyone say I sound low, do your part and I will do what I can.

Ah, I wanted to play one last time for this year but I took a nap around 7pm (I was unusually tired) and woke up some time after 10pm.

Oh well, I at least wanted you guys to hear my voice for most you haven't heard it this month. (or in general hear me at all) To next year, I'll see ya guys then!

It's always gonna be, 'it's about time'.

And like I said last night in the Discord chat, rumor or not this all depends on when Nintendo thinks they want to share the new Mario Kart.

Don't take this as I don't want an new one, everybody does but I am not gonna sit and wish every year when the facts are MK8DX is the most sold game on the Switch. There can be so many reasons outside of sales being the main one why we have seen a new entry yet.

I stop waiting like 2 years ago and it has done me fine to just wait and see what Nintendo wants to share.

34 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

It's always gonna be, 'it's about time'.

And like I said last night in the Discord chat, rumor or not this all depends on when Nintendo thinks they want to share the new Mario Kart.

Don't take this as I don't want an new one, everybody does but I am not gonna sit and wish every year when the facts are MK8DX is the most sold game on the Switch. There can be so many reasons outside of sales being the main one why we have seen a new entry yet.

I stop waiting like 2 years ago and it has done me fine to just wait and see what Nintendo wants to share.

I mean, considering its been usually 5 years between console versions and arguably every 3-4 years when considering console and portable rotations its been ages since we have had a new game.... closing in on 8 years in May 2022.  Then again, as I have argued... with Tour and Live.... they have put out new games....but they aren't the main one.

With its sales trend, they haven't "needed" it to have a new game to spruce sales back up.

I concur, if you look at the strengths of MK and Smash they don't exactly correlate with each other when it comes to their appeal.

It's the possibilities that any video game character can come to Smash and for MK it more the track and the vehicles and characters in that exact order. So if we end up getting Nintendo Kart don't fill up with so many Nintendo characters like you do Smash and it's character dependant appeal. Choose what might make a great track and vehicles, we got some vehicles from other Nintendo IP's now let's do that more with tracks.

Since the DS we had new tracks and retro track, for track that are not from Mario, why don't we add those in the retro tracks from those game series past. We can have the best of best of both world where maybe close to half the retro track are from other Nintendo IP and the rest are from Mario.

2 hours ago, DLurkster said:

I concur, if you look at the strengths of MK and Smash they don't exactly correlate with each other when it comes to their appeal.

It's the possibilities that any video game character can come to Smash and for MK it more the track and the vehicles and characters in that exact order. So if we end up getting Nintendo Kart don't fill up with so many Nintendo characters like you do Smash and it's character dependant appeal. Choose what might make a great track and vehicles, we got some vehicles from other Nintendo IP's now let's do that more with tracks.

Since the DS we had new tracks and retro track, for track that are not from Mario, why don't we add those in the retro tracks from those game series past. We can have the best of best of both world where maybe close to half the retro track are from other Nintendo IP and the rest are from Mario.

Sega and a few others have found a way to have competing racing titles out at the same time.  I kind of think Mario Kart should stay Mario universe ( even though, yes, I did like the non-Mario racers, tracks, and vehicles in 8) and they could do a completely different concept for a Nintendo Kart kind of game.  In the marketplace though, how would they differentiate, would they cannibalize sales of the other, and branding... Mario Kart is big of a name to drop/alter it for a change in series focus.