Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Thursday Night Throwdown! @ 10pm ET!

Surge135

Ay caramba with my internet tonight. Tho this is the first time at least when it comes to Thursday nights the internet went out on me but this month alone went down 5 times including the one before the race and the 2 during the races.

Yeah, probably should of called my ISP about earlier but you interrupt MK night and you draw the line with me. Which is funny because last month the internet in my area went down for a few hours and I was compensated for the time I was down and now this month this crap. Coincidental, I don't know but I won't let them know about but to straighten out my internet because this is weirdly unacceptable.

Good races nonetheless guys.

THROWING  A FEW THINGS OUT FOR MK8 NEXT WEEK:

1) Do a Samus Mii Racing costume theme for the night before Dread's release?

--I can't remember who all here has that outfit unlocked though.

2) ME PERSONALLY

Spoiler

My local GS told me today that they are looking at doing a 9pm early release for SWOLED POs on Thursday and that works out great for me considering other stuff I might do Friday afternoon.  By the time I get home and start the cloud file transfer stuff to my new system I don't know what my time will be getting online--it takes me about 10m to get home from their location and depending on lines in the store, probably 15m at the store...so I'm guessing I am home by 9:30 to start.  Although I could just get the MK8 file dropped down, race, and finish the rest after....  Or race off my brother's Switch.

#EDIT

Got a different story on this when I went back up there to ask a different question so who knows.. 

Edited by purple_beard

Swung by GS this afternoon to see if I needed any contact info updates if they did do the early release.  The actual (and I know he is a manager there) manager checked for me but said NO early release....Friday with standard GS hours.

Therefore, I have no issues playing MK8 this Thursday at all.  I'll do my account dumps post racing so I can bundle up my trade in.

13 hours ago, purple_beard said:

Swung by GS this afternoon to see if I needed any contact info updates if they did do the early release.  The actual (and I know he is a manager there) manager checked for me but said NO early release....Friday with standard GS hours.

Therefore, I have no issues playing MK8 this Thursday at all.  I'll do my account dumps post racing so I can bundle up my trade in.

What are you trading in for Dread?

I know what I was confused about the later time zone to the east of me in Canada, I thinking west being earlier in continuation discussion about Metroid Dread releasing at 9pm digitally that for us to the east is midnight. Of course despite the time difference, were later by hour so because of that thinking it was hard for me think further east in Canada would me they get earlier and I kept saying it's later. So just like the west coast, east coast difference we're behind and kept thinking they are later but earlier when when it comes digitally release of Metroid Dread.

Sorry just had point out what I wasn't getting in the moment after thinking on why I was thinking like that in the Discord chat last night.

IDK if I'm gonna make it tonight, because I'm not doing so good right now. All this extends from 2020 going out in the shittiest possible way for me and my family.Though, I feel like playing some MK would help a bit, so I'll try to make it if I can.

BTW, anyone want to do a Tetris theme (for Tetris Effect recently launching on Switch) and/or an Animal Crossing theme (for the big AC:NL Direct tomorrow)?

Tetris Theme:  Race as a Yoshi or Shy Guy in one of the 7 tetrimino colors.

Tetromino_image.png

AC Theme: Race as Villager or Isabelle.

Mario Kart 8 - Animal Crossing DLC art - Nintendo Everything