Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Thursday Night Throwdown! @ 10pm ET!

Surge135

Good races!

I loved the random anime discussion, especially nerding out about FMA. :D  FMAB is seriously one of the best animes. One minuet you're on the edge of your seat, the next you're laughing at something completely stupid, and then out of nowhere, it hits you right in the feels (OMG! My heart! 💔😭).

Edited by alienboyva
11 hours ago, alienboyva said:

Good races!

I loved the random anime discussion, especially nerding out about FMA. :D  FMAB is seriously one of the best animes. One minuet you're on the edge of your seat, the next you're laughing at something completely stupid, and then out of nowhere, it hits you right in the feels (OMG! My heart! 💔😭).

I've liked:

Ghost in the Shell....all of it...

Samurai 7 was cool--especially if you have seen the Kurosawa's original movie 

Ninja Scroll movie, wasn't a big fan of tv series or Ninja Resurrection

Cowboy bebop 

Full metal alchemist was cool...I've seen first run completely....seen parts of brotherhood.

Liked 8 man after, fist of the north star, one punch man 

Not sure where I stand on Akira...

Avatar/legend of Korra was pretty good 

I liked initial d.

Neon Genesis evangelon was way to slow for me...not bad, just slow. 

Vampire hunter d was ok but I liked the sequel a lot more

Feel like I'm missing a few I have seen though...

1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

I've liked:

Ghost in the Shell....all of it...

Samurai 7 was cool--especially if you have seen the Kurosawa's original movie 

Ninja Scroll movie, wasn't a big fan of tv series or Ninja Resurrection

Cowboy bebop 

Full metal alchemist was cool...I've seen first run completely....seen parts of brotherhood.

Liked 8 man after, fist of the north star, one punch man 

Not sure where I stand on Akira...

Avatar/legend of Korra was pretty good 

I liked initial d.

Neon Genesis evangelon was way to slow for me...not bad, just slow. 

Vampire hunter d was ok but I liked the sequel a lot more

Feel like I'm missing a few I have seen though...

I'm not super into anime, but here's some I really liked:

• Sailor Moon (original) <-- My first anime. I remember watching it before going to school when in kindergarten/1st grade.
  • Cardcaptor Sakura <-- I remember this came to the U.S. on Kids WB as Cardcaptors. The dub they did wasn't bad, but it's totally unfitting for an anime, since it sounds like a Saturday morning cartoon. The ENG dub they redid for Singapore is much better, but you can obviously tell that some VAs voice multiple characters. (This dub is on Crunchyroll for free)
  • Fullmetal Alchemst/Brotherhood 
  • Mushishi
  • Chobits <-- I re-watched this recently and I forgot how melancholy it gets near the end. Also, it has some weird thing where some characters are in love with someone way older/younger than them. 

There most likely would be more, but I much prefer dubbed over subbed. The think I have with subs is I feel like I'm reading the show instead of watching it and sometimes I don't read as fast, though I'm getting better with this.

Edited by alienboyva
1 hour ago, alienboyva said:

I'm not super into anime, but here's some I really liked:

• Sailor Moon (original) <-- My first anime. I remember watching it before going to school when in kindergarten/1st grade.
  • Cardcaptor Sakura <-- I remember this came to the U.S. on Kids WB as Cardcaptors. The dub they did wasn't bad, but it's totally unfitting for an anime, since it sounds like a Saturday morning cartoon. The ENG dub they redid for Singapore is much better, but you can obviously tell that some VAs voice multiple characters. (This dub is on Crunchyroll for free)
  • Fullmetal Alchemst/Brotherhood 
  • Mushishi
  • Chobits <-- I re-watched this recently and I forgot how melancholy it gets near the end. Also, it has some weird thing where some characters are in love with someone way older/younger than them. 

There most likely would be more, but I much prefer dubbed over subbed. The think I have with subs is I feel like I'm reading the show instead of watching it and sometimes I don't read as fast, though I'm getting better with this.

Ah, yes!

Like how I admitted I own all 4 DVD movies of Inu Yasha, my first anime foray was Salior Moon too. It's not that I like to forget that and say DBZ was my first back then I didn't know what anime was when I watched Salior Moon. (It's funny because Dragon Ball and DBZ when it comes to what air first in the world, just not NA Sailor Moon was for first before DBZ came in)

As for subbed and dubbed, I have no preference, whether its inflection of voice of either origin of country. I know that's why some ppl are purists like that, not I. I'm not sure if I was always used to reading and watching anime but I never found it a problem and I can see for some why that is for sure. So I'm okay with either camp.

Shotout to Medabots

'DUDE, I ROCK!'

Here's the full tournament!

@TheBarkinHyena @Surge135 Don't think you remember when I brought up that Russian Elmo thing when I was listening to Piranha Creeper Creek after the races. This is what I was talking about.

Spoiler

For some reason I can imagine certain dance moves going with part of the song. The Mario 3D World song I mean.

That will be all for today!