Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Thursday Night Throwdown! @ 10pm ET!

Surge135

5 hours ago, Surge135 said:

I actually forgot to mention this that night but the night prior (the 25th) was my birthday.

Yes, I recall this last week.

Happy belated birthday Surge!

On a similar note it was my littlest sister b-day yesterday.  It's funny my sis b-day if we lived in the states would be in the same timeframe of Thanksgiving and Black Friday, tho we didn't know of black Friday till we were a little older and she never forgets now at the age we're at. Add that Christmas is less than a month away. We sometimes just give her big gift then if we choose to do so.

With the Game Awards coming up in a few days, who will be racing this week?

I'm going to bail to watch them, manly because I want to see if Animal Crossing wins GOTY for reasons I mentioned HERE. Though, I have a feeling The Last of Us Part II is going to win. Yeah, this thing is just a popularity/fanboy contest and nobody really cares about how much of an impact a game had it's franchise, genre, platform, company, or the industry. :( 

Edited by alienboyva
27 minutes ago, DLurkster said:

Unless I am mistaken the awards air at 7pm eastern and typically they are 2hr and change, Back in the day it almost hit 3 hrs.

So I'm gonna say I'll make it for Thursday night.

IIRC, last year they started at 7:30pm ET and were 3hrs (including the 30 min. pre-show, with the actual show starting at 8PM). Since they are starting at 7PM ET this year I'd assume they're not doing a pre-show (They could also just want to start a bit early)? Anway, since they are starting at 7PM and last about 3hrs, It should be safe to say we can watch the GAs and still be able to race on Thursday. Though, that is if they don't include a pre-show, with the actual show starting at 7:30 PM ET.

3 hours ago, alienboyva said:

With the Game Awards coming up in a few days, who will be racing this week?

I'm going to bail to watch them, manly because I want to see if Animal Crossing wins GOTY for reasons I mentioned HERE. Though, I have a feeling The Last of Us Part II is going to win. Yeah, this thing is just a popularity/fanboy contest and nobody really cares about how much of an impact a game had it's franchise, genre, platform, company, or the industry. :( 

Meh, catch the announcements and trailers I care about on youtube via the after party.