Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Thursday Night Throwdown! @ 10pm ET!

Surge135

We ain't driving in reverse but don't get it twisted in mirror mode, you still have to mind your turns in different way than 200cc in that the perspective you know the tracks like the back of your hands will be flipped.

So watch your 12 and 6 tonight as prepare dominate the tracks from a new direction!

@purple_beard: Just a suggestion because we know you do what you want but for mic. I don't know why from the last time I helped you out it has gone back the sometimes echoing, sometimes squeaking. It interchange randomly between those 2 so it is unpredictable when and what we can hear. I know from what yo said you don't hear all of that but as we said to you we can and echoing is sometimes you when you speak but sometimes some of us when we talk or all (not at the same time obviously)

So 2 suggestions, when I helped you out before we looked at you discord settings for voice on the browser then your sound setting on laptop. Krazy hypothesized that you laptop speakers may be the reason for the weird feedback. So you turned down you laptop speakers and for a while and few nights after no feedback but it is now back. The first suggestion, if you have fiddle with the volume turn it down.

2nd suggestion, as you mentioned you are using discord thru the browser and when I was helping you out, I said I was using discord thru the app on my laptop. The sound settings are a bit more comprehensive on there then the browser from what you tell you see and don't see compared to my settings. That might help if you use the program elsewhere than a browser.

3 hours ago, DLurkster said:

@purple_beard: Just a suggestion because we know you do what you want but for mic. I don't know why from the last time I helped you out it has gone back the sometimes echoing, sometimes squeaking. It interchange randomly between those 2 so it is unpredictable when and what we can hear. I know from what yo said you don't hear all of that but as we said to you we can and echoing is sometimes you when you speak but sometimes some of us when we talk or all (not at the same time obviously)

So 2 suggestions, when I helped you out before we looked at you discord settings for voice on the browser then your sound setting on laptop. Krazy hypothesized that you laptop speakers may be the reason for the weird feedback. So you turned down you laptop speakers and for a while and few nights after no feedback but it is now back. The first suggestion, if you have fiddle with the volume turn it down.

2nd suggestion, as you mentioned you are using discord thru the browser and when I was helping you out, I said I was using discord thru the app on my laptop. The sound settings are a bit more comprehensive on there then the browser from what you tell you see and don't see compared to my settings. That might help if you use the program elsewhere than a browser.

No issue in lowering my laptop speakers BUIT, you guys keep saying you don't hear any sounds in my room other than me when I ask, and sometimes I have youtube running during the races, others I am watching a game in the background so I don't see how that is affecting that side of it.  

And what I meant by browser, to be more detailed is I was using Chrome as the browser before and now, with this laptop, I am using Edge (Microsoft).  I have no idea if that makes a difference or not.  Also, I can try for the ap, but with this BS version of windows I have I will have to see if Discord is a app through the MS Store for me to use.

1 hour ago, purple_beard said:

No issue in lowering my laptop speakers BUIT, you guys keep saying you don't hear any sounds in my room other than me when I ask, and sometimes I have youtube running during the races, others I am watching a game in the background so I don't see how that is affecting that side of it.  

And what I meant by browser, to be more detailed is I was using Chrome as the browser before and now, with this laptop, I am using Edge (Microsoft).  I have no idea if that makes a difference or not.  Also, I can try for the ap, but with this BS version of windows I have I will have to see if Discord is a app through the MS Store for me to use.

Sorry, I looked up and I though for some reason I DL'd discord from MS store but it is it but not the program itself as app.

Just go to the discord website, click the window version to DL discord for your laptop, accessible from desktop and pinned to your taskbar.

2 minutes ago, purple_beard said:

is tonight 200cc or battle?

No, it's the regular 150cc. I checked

I believe next week is 200cc and the week after that is mirror. (that week of mirror in the first week of November is Iron Man Challenge#3. It easy to remember the Smash nights events) Man I need to keep up with the dates of these events. I need a couple or months to get it settled in my head.