Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Thursday Night Throwdown! @ 10pm ET!

Surge135

For those that are regulars of the Thursday Night Throwdowns, we're gonna be shaking things up just a bit. Similarly to how we have agreed to have 200cc for every final Thursday of the month, we're gonna add some new regular modes to coincide with the first Thursday of every month.

Starting next week, we will have BATTLE MODE on the first Thursday of every odd-numbered month, while every first Thursday of even-numbered month will be MIRROR RACES. That means that while we will have less 150cc tourneys per month, we will be having more diversity in our tourneys just like we started by introducing the regular 200cc nights.

Battle Modes will be random, CPUs will be included at the Normal difficulty, rounds will be set at 3 minutes, and for the time being there will be no teams. So prepare to Throwdown in Battle Mode NEXT WEEK.

DL approves this announcement.

12 hours ago, Surge135 said:

BIG NEWS!

For those that are regulars of the Thursday Night Throwdowns, we're gonna be shaking things up just a bit. Similarly to how we have agreed to have 200cc for every final Thursday of the month, we're gonna add some new regular modes to coincide with the first Thursday of every month.

Starting next week, we will have BATTLE MODE on the first Thursday of every odd-numbered month, while every first Thursday of even-numbered month will be MIRROR RACES. That means that while we will have less 150cc tourneys per month, we will be having more diversity in our tourneys just like we started by introducing the regular 200cc nights.

Battle Modes will be random, CPUs will be included at the Normal difficulty, rounds will be set at 3 minutes, and for the time being there will be no teams. So prepare to Throwdown in Battle Mode NEXT WEEK.

I like the spicing up of the variety.

3 hours ago, purple_beard said:

Well, "back in the day" we had the after party some nights for mirrors or battle modes during the heyday of MKWii.

Yes, I've heard of this. I wasn't present too much in those days but this after party stuff, don't you think it was easier back then because we were younger?

Like I'm not saying as old and tired but we're have lives that we have work to live takes time away to do after parties.

1 hour ago, DLurkster said:

Yes, I've heard of this. I wasn't present too much in those days but this after party stuff, don't you think it was easier back then because we were younger?

Like I'm not saying as old and tired but we're have lives that we have work to live takes time away to do after parties.

Ehh....  Not sure how many want that extra hour when starting at 10